Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Prosper, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Arailt
Member #

I think Lexus hit the nail on the head with this one.

Last edited:

Tundracamper

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Tuscaloosa, Alabama, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Shepard
Member #

Yep, the Land Cruiser replacement. Glad they didn’t ditch that platform entirely in the U.S. Maybe one day I’d be able to afford it. I think the commercial is well targeted:)

BroncoTrail

Rank IV

Influencer II

Cottonwood Heights, UT, USA
First Name
Bronco
Last Name
Trail
Member #

If it had better approach and departure angles, I'd consider it. But the amount of money I'd need to spend to prepare it for Moab would just be too much. Might consider the new 4Runners when they come out though.

Arailt

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Prosper, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Arailt
Member #

There are rumors that the US will soon be getting the Land Cruiser Prado (twin of the Lexus GX) as the North American version of the "Land Cruiser." If that is true, it will likely have better approach angles and be more off-road capable than the Lexus version.

tjZ06

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Las Vegas/Palo Alto
First Name
mynameisntallowed
Last Name
Adams
Member #

I don't love the look, but it'll grow on me I'm sure. It also just "feels" like the interior and exterior belong on two totally different vehicles. That said, I'm sure it'll be an exceptional vehicle and all the "Overland rig" that 90% of folks need. It's also nice to see they gave it a little bit of approach angle finally.

-TJ

Reactions: Arailt

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
I’ve a difficult time with the bumpers- especially the front one, man oh man. I’m reminded of one of our treks over Elephant Hill, this poor guy scraped & dented the bumper of his wife’s brand new LR4. She lost it and could be heard screaming at him, non stop, for a very long uncomfortable time. It was sad, and I felt bad for him.

• Haha
Reactions: Arailt

FishFam_logs

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Livermore, CA, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Fisher
Not a fan of the looks. And hate the addition of the tow point in the locations they did add them. Tell me how you rescue this vehicle without destroying a bumper? Nothing funner than having to dig for a tow point in the mud/snow/sand/water that an engineer decided to hide UNDER the vehicle. But hey, at that price, its not meant to be used as an offroad/overland vehicle.

Reactions: BroncoTrail

BroncoTrail

Rank IV

Influencer II

Cottonwood Heights, UT, USA
First Name
Bronco
Last Name
Trail
Member #

Not a fan of the looks. And hate the addition of the tow point in the locations they did add them. Tell me how you rescue this vehicle without destroying a bumper? Nothing funner than having to dig for a tow point in the mud/snow/sand/water that an engineer decided to hide UNDER the vehicle. But hey, at that price, its not meant to be used as an offroad/overland vehicle.
facts

MOAK

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Wernersville Public Library, North Reber Street, Wernersville, PA, USA
First Name
Donald
Last Name
Diehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRPN 506
Interesting, I’m not a fan of those bumpers either, but that’s fixable. We must all remember that not too long ago the very same things were being said about the original Lexus SUV and we all know what happened. 44EF0610-40BD-46DD-A1D0-8C4A41FD275B.jpeg

wigsajumper

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Maine, USA
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
Wiggin
Member #

Service Branch
US Army
Interested but honestly they will be 20 years old before the price is where I feel is appropriate.

Reactions: DintDobbs

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
My cruiser in 96 sold for 58k and the Lexus was almost 10k more. That was 28 years ago. Up to that point they really weren't commuter vehicles, the low powered I-6 tells us that. The last of the 80 body style they gave it more comfort and brought in Lexus. Drive train wise, it still wasn't commuter friendly.

The 100 series was the start of highway commuter and they just evolved after that. That's also when the focus became, commuter first, off road second. I also doubt the mind set with Toyota has changed regarding these. Their more of a flat land vehicle. Approach and departure angles only need to be fair. The days of the utilitarian bumpers have been gone for a while with Jeep being the last hold out.

Reactions: MOAK