Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Newman Lake, Spokane County, Washington, United States
First Name
David
Last Name
Schlenker
Member #

I am planning to get out a lot in 2023. Unfortunately I also have work but I have the weekends off. If anyone is interested in exploring North Idaho and Montana next year on the weekends, let me know. I am framiliar with the areas but will be driving forest service roads and camping, fishing, kayaking. These will not be rig bashing on trails Trips so if your looking for that, don’t come with me. I will be leaving either Friday nights or Saturday mornings and will return Sunday afternoons. I will start as soon as the weather breaks enough around March. No drugs, legal or not.

P8trit

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Montana
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Campbell
We explore these areas every weekend as well and plan to this summer as much as work allows. going to do part of the IDBDR in july and knock that section off my bucket list.

ZombieCat

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Maryland
First Name
Adventure
Last Name
Awaits!
Member #

I’ll be in Montana in mid-July, primarily in/around the eastern side of Glacier NP, to explore some of the lesser trafficked hiking trails. My campsite in the park, which will serve as a base camp, is already reserved.
I’m considering stopping by Idaho in early to mid September, on my return from California. I’m looking at the area around Stanley, ID; any suggestions for camping/hiking/other activities in the area? Thanks!

P8trit

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Montana
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Campbell
I’ll be in Montana in mid-July, primarily in/around the eastern side of Glacier NP, to explore some of the lesser trafficked hiking trails. My campsite in the park, which will serve as a base camp, is already reserved.
I’m considering stopping by Idaho in early to mid September, on my return from California. I’m looking at the area around Stanley, ID; any suggestions for camping/hiking/other activities in the area? Thanks!
Whats your route threw idaho and montana? You looking for back country or senic byways?

ZombieCat

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Maryland
First Name
Adventure
Last Name
Awaits!
Member #

In Montana, I’m base camping in Glacier. I’m taking main roads in/out because that’s the most efficient travel and I’m towing the teardrop trailer. My potential hikes list is pretty extensive, including a fair amount of “off trail” exploration. I typically do about 8-20 miles hiking per day.
In Idaho, I’ll set up a base near Stanley and then take the truck to explore, hike, photograph. I’ll be solo, so I’m interested in easy tracks (mostly forest roads), mainly to see the Idaho countryside or reach a cool hiking trail. My only previous experience camping in state was at Craters of the Moon a few years back.

Reactions: Ebbs

P8trit

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Montana
First Name
Travis
Last Name
Campbell
You will enjoy Glacier and I think you will be taking 93 down threw Missoula on way to stanley. I would recommend stopping in Missoula aand doing the quick hike up the "M" trail. Great views over the area and cool to see ripples on the mountains from Glacier lake Missoula.

Reactions: ZombieCat

ZombieCat

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Maryland
First Name
Adventure
Last Name
Awaits!
Member #

I spent some time in Stanley a couple years ago. Very neat area. Check out Bay Horse Lake. I really liked it. I did quite a bit of kayaking around the area. It’s well known for its hiking trails. Lots of old mine sites and a cool ghost town and dredge you can tour.
Great info! I’ll check into Warm Springs CG as you suggested. Many thanks!

Reactions: SashaLee

ZombieCat

Rank V
Investor

Advocate I

Maryland
First Name
Adventure
Last Name
Awaits!
Member #

You will enjoy Glacier and I think you will be taking 93 down threw Missoula on way to stanley. I would recommend stopping in Missoula aand doing the quick hike up the "M" trail. Great views over the area and cool to see ripples on the mountains from Glacier lake Missoula.
I love Glacier so much, this will be my 5th visit in 6 years. There’s always something new to see and explore. Thanks for the hike idea - just marked the “M” on AllTrails.

Reactions: P8trit

Ebbs

Rank VI

Influencer II

Spokane, WA, USA
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Eberhardt
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0JBH
Service Branch
Air Force 02-18
Definitely interested in tagging along on some of your trip if possible.

Mountaintrails71

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

First Name
David
Last Name
Schlenker
Member #

I don’t hike much. Rough life of construction damaged the lower back. I can do about 3 miles max round trip. That being said, I have lots of lakes and camp sites with short hikes planned. I tend to skirt the edge of national parks to stay out of the crowds and try to locate remote camp sites.

Sapper7

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Liberty Lake, WA, USA
First Name
Jon
Last Name
Pool
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7KXP
Service Branch
US Army
I would be interested in joining you on a few of your trips. I am afraid I won't be able to make the Saturday snow ride. I am taking a stop the bleed class to refresh my first aid skills.

Reactions: Mountaintrails71

UncleTiny78

Rank I

Contributor II

Fargo, ND, USA
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Rodger
Great thread! I'm taking a trip in early June and going to some of these very places. Glacier NP is my first stop, spending about 4-5 days there. Then I head south and stopping to hike the M in Missoula, before heading into Idaho. Stanley is circled as one of my stops and sort of centralized location for a few days of exploring. I drive a stock '17 Jeep GC and looking to drive some easier type forest roads for the scenery. Finding some hot springs is also on my list of things to do. After 3-4 days in Idaho I'll head east towards Grand Teton NP and hang out there for about 3 days. If anyone will be around these areas from about 6/3-6/16 hit me up!

Mountaintrails71

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

First Name
David
Last Name
Schlenker
Member #

Attachments