Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I’m all packed up ready for the hike of a lifetime.
If you start walking this way now, you might make it here by Thursday. :blush:

My wife and I are planning on coming. Will be staying Ontario Thursday night and would prefer to wait for you in Vale at 43.98265, -117.24865. That way I do not have to backtrack. Let me know if this will work for the group.

We can bring our collapsible fire pit and have HAM CB and GMRS radios as well as cell phones.
We can meet you in Vale. Let's plan on having the gmrs tuned to ch 18. Have your ham tuned to the frequency Mike mentioned. I'll have him update you via ham as we get closer.

Looking forward to seeing you again!

Reactions: M Rose

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
Will have all three radios with me in the van.
That didn’t tell me if you have HF capabilities or not… this makes a difference to me so I know if I need to pack my SHTF coms box or not… usually @St0ll3n brings his coms trailer, but he isn’t coming this year.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
If you start walking this way now, you might make it here by Thursday. :blush:

We can meet you in Vale. Let's plan on having the gmrs tuned to ch 18. Have your ham tuned to the frequency Mike mentioned. I'll have him update you via ham as we get closer.

Looking forward to seeing you again!
@reaver, Your GMRS radio will reach just as far if not further than my HT… @Luinil Explorations if you have APRS capabilities I will be able to send you a text when we get close.

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
@David H and I got the tent on the trailer tonight. I also got the weatherstripping on the doors, and made the trailer side dc charger plug.

At this point, I'd say the trailer is done, and ready to load up!

• Love

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I should have room for several bags of cut up 2x6s from the deck I replaced a few years ago.
I guess the first thing we do after camp is set up is to go and collect fire wood. Might not be a bad idea for everyone to purchase a few bundles to supplement. I should have plenty of room in the truck to carry what everyone buys if needed.

Travel itinerary for Friday:

Meet time
9:30am

Meet Location
Flying J Travel Center

3512 Franklin Rd, Caldwell, ID 83605

Departure Time
10:30am sharp

Stop at Vale, OR Sinclair Gas to meet @Luinil Explorations

Arrival time:
Approx. 11:30am

GMRS channel 18

Ham/cb channels will be discussed if needed (I don't have a ham license, and only have a cb in one of my vehicles)

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I guess the first thing we do after camp is set up is to go and collect fire wood. Might not be a bad idea for everyone to purchase a few bundles to supplement. I should have plenty of room in the truck to carry what everyone buys if needed.

Travel itinerary for Friday:

Meet time
9:30am

Meet Location
Flying J Travel Center

3512 Franklin Rd, Caldwell, ID 83605

Departure Time
10:30am sharp

Stop at Vale, OR Sinclair Gas to meet @Luinil Explorations

Arrival time:
Approx. 11:30am

GMRS channel 18

Ham/cb channels will be discussed if needed (I don't have a ham license, and only have a cb in one of my vehicles)
Ham is 146.460 the official CB Channel is 16. I will have my 8w HT on me, but it will be a compromise with my rubber duck antenna… No CB since the Adventure Machine is staying home. And no GMRS capabilities for me this trip… I don’t think.

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
You, Julie and Joel are going to be missed this year along with @St0ll3n , @RubiRigo, @Hogman , and the rest of the crew.
Well I am paying a crapload of $$$ to fly to a wedding this weekend and sit around and visit with in-laws instead of camping with all y'all - so there is that. Wandering off to find a safe space to cry in...
Wish we could be there!

• Sad
Reactions: M Rose and RubiRigo

Ubiety

Rank VI

Explorer I

Sammamish, WA, USA
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Ubiety
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Ribs
Julie wants me to remind you all that the fire did not produce any smoke and that was the goal; well it was her goal anyway. I'm not sure that you can have smoke when the oxygen for 5 square miles has been consumed by a single fire ;)

• Haha
Reactions: M Rose and reaver

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Julie wants me to remind you all that the fire did not produce any smoke and that was the goal; well it was her goal anyway. I'm not sure that you can have smoke when the oxygen for 5 square miles has been consumed by a single fire ;)
Hey, if everyone is incinerated in said fair, there's nobody to complain about the size.

You're welcome Julie. :blush:

Might have a big announcement to make about next year's event, so stay tuned. Definitely missing you guys this year.

Reactions: Ubiety