Launch Member

Member III

Somewhere out yonder
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Bru
Member #

I will attempt to compile my thoughts and progress on probably the slowest rig build yet. Dutch was ordered through a military auto sales program which allowed me to do a custom build, save approx 7k and free delivery to the closet dealer near my house. Picked him up with 13 miles on it, 2 months later he’s now at 3100 miles definitely breaking the rig in!media.jpg
EFB9F1FE-200B-455E-91ED-19ADADE6DDD8.jpeg

Last edited:

Wabbit

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Somewhere out yonder
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Bru
Member #

Moderate update: externally, tinted the fronts at 10% to match the factory rear windows, finally installed my badges back, placed my euro plate back on the rig, solar powered cab lights (awesome) and installed a borla touring exhaust. Internally, I reinstalled my Midland 115 with external speaker.

Attachments

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
Heaviest thing I’ve had to lift in awhile but boom it’s done.
Looks great! Question on the Smartcap, is there anyway to lock or latch the rear hatch from the inside, say if you were sleeping in the bed?

Wabbit

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Somewhere out yonder
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Bru
Member #

I can attempt to play with it to test. From the looks of it I don’t see a straight forward way to latch& lock

Looks great! Question on the Smartcap, is there anyway to lock or latch the rear hatch from the inside, say if you were sleeping in the bed?

Reactions: dstock

dstock

Rank VI

Influencer I

Lake Arrowhead, CA, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Stockslager
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZGS
Thanks, I can just see one of my prankster buddies deciding to shut the latches while I'm inside and then me being trapped!

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

Sweet, I have had my eyes on the smart cap for some time now for my Ram. I'm currently running the Decked Drawer System with the Softopper. Great looking Rig.

MarioT'sCJResto

Rank V
Launch Member

Contributor II

First Name
Christopher
Last Name
Laboy
Member #

First of many light additions
How do you like the new K/C Flex lights? I had picked up the Z-Rodes Ditch Light mounts but I have Weld them on as the fitment didn't actually align up as advertised.

Last edited:

Wabbit

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Somewhere out yonder
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Bru
Member #

Sweet, I have had my eyes on the smart cap for some time now for my Ram. I'm currently running the Decked Drawer System with the Softopper. Great looking Rig.
I’m also considering running a decked system as well if I don’t replace my cargo management with molle panels.

Reactions: MarioT'sCJResto

Wabbit

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Somewhere out yonder
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Bru
Member #

First of many light additions
How do you like the new K/C Flex lights? I had picked up the Z-Rodes Ditch Light mounts but I have Weld them on as they fitment didn't actually alight up as advertised.
I have the same mounts and they were a pita to line up. I’m liking the flex 3 however for some reason I thought the backlight feature would have been brighter. It’s no showstopper and I’d make the purchase again. Mine are the combo pattern. After I align them I’ll get a photo.

Reactions: MarioT'sCJResto