Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
lastname
Member #

Torsen is a design but Eaton (TrueTrac) is not the only company who builds them - they're just who most know because they're consumer-facing. Trac-Lok is the de facto standard LSD style in the industry and mine, like every other, is a steaming pile of shit. Torsen is a far superior (and somewhat more expensive) design which is why they typically only end up in premium trims.

Enthusiast III

Grand Falls-Windsor, NL, Canada
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Adams
Yes. I am installing tru tracs in both ends of my Jeep. Seems to be the best choice for what I want. I am not sticking wheels in the air all the time so full lock is not really needed for me, so these are low maintenence, gives me the extra grip I am looking for without need for plumbing air or electrial and just work as needed. I will be installing 4.10 gears at the same time so I can run 35, or 37 if I want down the road.

LostWoods

Rank IV
Launch Member

Member III

Phoenix, AZ, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
lastname
Member #

Even if you do get a wheel in the air, a little left foot brake can lock the Torsen and get you traction. If Eaton ever did them for the AdvanTek D44s in the new Jeeps I know they'd sell because the BLD should in theory provide that braking automatically.

Also I'd be doing 4.56 as a bare minimum if not 4.88s if you're going through the effort. 4.10s and 37s would be utterly miserable given how mine does on 35s.

Reactions: DevilDodge