Superfishal

Rank III

Advocate I

Annapolis, MD, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Alan
Bought this in December....my 3rd Jeep..it is a diesel...it is so bad ass...haven’ t even played the stereo..just enjoy listening to the diesel...just got my AEV wheels and installed with 35” Nitto Ridge grapplers....next is a Terraflex 2.5 lift and suspension and bumpers...looking for full width bumpers with a recessed winch setup..anyone have any suggestions? Leaning toward Addictive Designs but open for input..

Attachments

Marman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Pleasant Hill, MO
First Name
Larry
Last Name
Marlowe
Member #

Service Branch
USAF Retired
Wasn't a big fan of the Sarge Green, but it is growing on me the more I see it. Looking forward to following your build.

Boostpowered

Rank VI

Member III

Hunt county, TX, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Oh really? Thought the duramax wasn't a VM kid, well I have the VM 2,8 crd ;-)
It is, they were developed together in the same factory the partnership split, but there are still some parts that interchange like the timing belt and a few other sensors and parts. No one will admit they are related due to the whole chevy vs dodge thing but they are cousins.

Reactions: MazeVX

Pathfinder I

Canada
First Name
Craig
Last Name
PereferNotToSay
For bumpers on a Jeep, depending on what you're using it for, I would encourage you to consider aluminum options. Lots of people put heavy steel options front and rear but then down the road a piece, they want to shed weight. Shedding weight from the get-go is the "buy once, cry once" solution. Obviously depending on your use case, you may prefer steel bumpers, but for most touring/Overland applications, aluminum suffices.

I believe Quadratec offers aluminum options, as does a company called Genright. There may be others now on the market though.

Reactions: Superfishal

Superfishal

Rank III

Advocate I

Annapolis, MD, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Alan
On order-
AEV 2.5 lift and suspension
AEV front and rear bumper
warn Zeno winch
AEV front bumper LED light kit
Outback Adventures trailgater
Bulletproof phone,GoPro and IPad dash mount.