2020 Goals? What do you wish to Accomplish in 2020?

• HTML tutorial

CSG

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Idaho
Member #

I had planned a trip through Idaho and Canada and looping back through WA last year until I had to get involved with some family business matters. I did get a week in with my son through Oregon in July, however. When winter fades, I intend to try the original trip again. Will be taking my PW Traverse van. I don't "overland", I travel and camp.

Reactions: Wallygator

b1bjetmech

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Maize, KS, USA
First Name
Collin
Last Name
McGinnis
Member #

After spending the better part of last year equipping ourselves with gear, and upgrading the Jeep for some overlanding, we are planning to take a trip to New Mexico during spring break to run a portion of the "Enchanted Rockies Trail" that Lifestyle Overland mapped out a couple years ago. We are also planning on going to some local campgrounds to solidify what we need/don't need and to perfect our version of the whole general overlanding process. The goal for all of this "practice" is that we are planning to overland up to the Grand Tetons in the summer for our 30th wedding anniversary, and come back through Utah and Colorado (10 days or so). Then finish up the summer with a road trip to Overland Expo Mountain West Aug 27-29. Lastly - retire at the end of the year!!!! Yay!

Wanderlost

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Caledonia, Illinois
Member #

One of our goals is to put together and lead a week long overland event. Probably in the NE, WY, and SD area. We're bouncing around the thought of keeping the next day's route secret until the morning of. Might be fun.

Build on our YouTube channel more. In particular our trip playlist and building a new playlist aimed at helping women do routine maintenance and repair work on their rigs.

We're planning a four day route through and around the corners of CO, UT, and NM. Ending at the annual FJ Summit in Ouray CO.

And much, much more!

Traveler I

Alabama
My wife and I recently Started pricing vans for the future but until then we plan on transitioning to a “weekend warrior” schedule and taking more overnight trips whenever possible. She teaches so she’ll have the summer free to take more trips sporadically around my work schedule this year.

We aren’t ever planning on living on the road full time but we’ve committed to downsizing and focusing more resources on going places rather than having things.

It’s been quite liberating and we’ve only recently really gone “all in” on making our dreams come true. We’ve got so much left to do but having a partner with the same vision as myself as made it so fulfilling.

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

The only real (goal) I have is to get out and explore as much as possible.
But my wish list for 2020 is tooooo....
Get my axles built and in my rig this year
Hike a 14 ner
Go on at least one official Overland Bound group multi-day event (not just a camp meet-up)
I would also like to make more progress on my offroad trailer. (It gets put on the back burner a lot)
Revisit the San Juan Mountain area with my wife.

max.grun

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Turlock, California
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSE
I have a few goals in mind.

Personal:
- I want to learn how to budget. I got a raise and promotion this year and I would like to put that money to good use.
- Eat healthier and lose weight. Common goal for a lot of people.

Overland related:
-Would like to start upgrading my '19 cherokee. Starting would a good set of tires and rock sliders. Then a roof storage system of some sort and possibly a lift kit.
- Find more fishing spots and learn to fly fish.
- I have started to loosely plan a trip to the Northern California coast line. would like to do that maybe this fall.

M Rose

Local Expert
Mod Team

Advocate III

Northeast Oregon, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I have a few goals in mind.

Personal:
- I want to learn how to budget. I got a raise and promotion this year and I would like to put that money to good use.
- Eat healthier and lose weight. Common goal for a lot of people.

Overland related:
-Would like to start upgrading my '19 cherokee. Starting would a good set of tires and rock sliders. Then a roof storage system of some sort and possibly a lift kit.
- Find more fishing spots and learn to fly fish.
- I have started to loosely plan a trip to the Northern California coast line. would like to do that maybe this fall.
Watch Kal Ripken at Fish Hunt Shoot productions via YouTube, he is a fishing guide in your area. He Has taught me a lot this year on trout fishing high lakes.
The NorCal coast line is beautiful, I had family in Crescent City and Eurika.

max.grun

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Turlock, California
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSE
Watch Kal Ripken at Fish Hunt Shoot productions via YouTube, he is a fishing guide in your area. He Has taught me a lot this year on trout fishing high lakes.
The NorCal coast line is beautiful, I had family in Crescent City and Eurika.
I will definitely give those videos some views. Thank You.

I have driven up the coast line before on the HWY 101 in the Eureka area before jumping off the freeway and taking a detour to Shasta Lake. then i went back south back home. I thoroughly enjoy the views while off the big highways. I'd like to plan trip for camping n the area if possible maybe along the coast if i can a good spot. Hoping possibly for a spot in the national forrests.

Wile_Coyote

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Santa Fe, NM, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
da Gearhead
Member #

Like a lot of folks, I have some personal and truck related goals:

Me:
Start working out more, mountain-biking w/the wife

Truck/Overland
Install the coming CST 4.5" lift
Build a mount for a hidden winch behind the stock bumper
Build some rock sliders that will incorporate removable steps for city-slicking
Build a rear bumper with two swing-out carriers
Build a bed-rack for a RTT

Accomplished - Installed the DiamondBack HD bed cover

It's a tall list with all the other things I have going on, but they are goals for the year that may creep into next year...

WAYAWAY

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

San Diego, CA
First Name
Joe
Last Name
P
Member #

After 2 years of being on the back burner, 2020 will be the "Year of the Van" for us. I plan to attend a number of smaller local events along with a handful of the bigger ones like Overland Expo, Rawhyde and SEMA to help with ideas on finishing the interior and finalizing some equipment/gear decisions. I also am planning on attending Tierra Del Sol, King of the Hammers and the Baja 250. I have a couple of smaller trips I'd like to do and hopefully throw in the Mojave Road, Alabama Hills and a Death Valley trip if possible.

My ultimate goal is to have the van completed & field tested by the time my wife retires at the end of the year so we can start planning our trip to Cabo & back in the spring of 2021.
I'm currious about Tierra del Sol - do you have a link?

Dilldog

Rank V
Launch Member
Investor

Influencer I

Spokane, WA.
First Name
Dillon
Last Name
Wilke
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVO/ WRQL275
Service Branch
USAF
1: get my ham technician (done)
2: learn the Banjo (working on this, 30min everyday after work)
3: get the Escape set up
4: go on at least one over night trip

Itacal

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bella Vista, Ark
First Name
John
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5TTZ
  1. Camp, fish and dive as much as possible.
  2. Get as many people as possible involved in camping and fishing and enjoying the outdoors, as well as Overland Bound.
  3. Clean up the trails, streams and lakes I frequent.
  4. Do some work on the X, as funding allows

sakiwest

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Brentwood, CA, USA
First Name
David
Last Name
West
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6M
I’m game for this:

1) get out more
2) get out with groups more (maybe even do 3 rally point events even if they are last minute)
3) ham license
4) teach my sons the appreciation of fishing.

As always: be a good trail steward and clean up when needed.

Itacal

Rank VI
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bella Vista, Ark
First Name
John
Last Name
Henley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG5TTZ
I’m game for this:

1) get out more
2) get out with groups more (maybe even do 3 rally point events even if they are last minute)
3) ham license
4) teach my sons the appreciation of fishing.

As always: be a good trail steward and clean up when needed.
Check out the practice test at QRZ.com (Callsign Database by QRZ Ham Radio) ... You will find them under the Resources tab. The questions and answers are the same ones that will be on the test, but they answers may be in a different order on the actual test. You can take the QRZ practice tests as many times as you want, in order to track your progress.

If you're trying to get your Ham License, this is a great tool. Best of luck!