Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

Ok. here are some picures of the CBI Hidden Winch Mount. No instructions. Took quite a bit of time to install. We spent the most time cutting the bumper and cover. I have synthetic line ordered and should be here Wednesday. I save money in the long run just ordering the Synthetic instead of sending this one back and buying a new winch. All in all it probably took 12 hours to install. Looks good and the ride is a bit different now up front. I can feel the weight. I'm hoping the synthetic will help a bit. We will see soon.

Attachments

Last edited:

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

IMG_0939.JPG59184116578__2255A893-2462-4CD0-95D7-23BF11D9371F.JPGIMG_0972.JPGIMG_0986.JPG

1A11F640-15BF-421C-8154-C9038C1FF07B.jpgF0BD2C7E-E1FA-4AE7-B27C-8D6E13A2693B.jpg
IMG_0940.JPG
IMG_0912.JPG

I have not posted for some time! I hit the Sierra Rally and met some fantastic folks! #MagicMike and his wife are incredible folks! They not only spent time with me answering questions, they were the Trail Leads. I observed them help and answer questions to anyone who asked. If you are in their area, you are lucky folks!! Honestly I went to the rally not knowing what to expect. My son was at a Scout outing so I rolled alone. They were so helpful and the folks on the trail run were great as well. If you haven’t stepped out of your comfort level... do it! It was so worth it. The members go out of their way to make you feel at home. I’m definitely in for the next rally. Just remember, I think we are all in this forum and joined OB because we all love the rides and the outdoors. Most of us have something in common so it’s so easy to talk to folks!

Now to a little of the build and a few pics of my Lassen Back Country Scenic Trail trip.

You should be able to see the ditch lights installed in a couple of the pics. I also ran electrical back to the rear of the vehicle to run the fridge. I’m running that off the dual battery setup. If you haven’t picked up a Power Tank...Do It!!!! Airing up was so fast and convenient! Buy used to save money!

The first set of pics were from the Rally going up to Bald Mountain.

The others are just a few of my Lassen trip.

Yes. One pic is of my door. #Peligreen Trail.. A couple miles of Manzanita Bushes 1 - 4Runner 0.
Took the 4Runner into a friends shop yesterday and I couldn’t believe how it turned out!

Looks like the next mod will be suspension. Yes...I said it. I know, I know. I have the Pro. I love it. Wait...absolutely Love this vehicle. I just realized the last two trips that I’d like more ground clearance and travel. The vehicle is fairly heavy with the tent and other accessories in the rig. When you add the rest of the equipment, food I packed it was fairly loaded down. Exploring those idea now. More to come!IMG_0906.JPG
IMG_0946.JPG

tchughes

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Central Arkansas
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Hughes
Member #

Looks like an awesome trip, thanks for posting the pics. I tell the wife all the time the scratches will buff out, looks like they did.:laughing:

Reactions: Jeepinit

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

Ok.. i didn't like how the vehicle handled last year at Peligreen pass. I didn't like the clearance with the stock TRD Pro setup. Yeah.. yeah.. I know. I should have bought and Off Road Pro. I really thought this set up would work for me. Well. It didn't. I reached out to Magic Mike last year and we discussed a ton of options. Mike set me up with Chance at Califfabrication in Carmichael and set me up! Thanks Mike!

Now...

Fox 2.5 adjustable front and rear.. Total Chaos UCA- ICON - Heavy heavy load springs- Sitting on BFG KO2's 285 70R17 stock wheels. So far I love this set up. I'm looking forward to seeing how it performs in the Mojave next week.

Attachments

Reactions: Wallygator

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

Ok. here are some picures of the CBI Hidden Winch Mount. No instructions. Took quite a bit of time to install. We spent the most time cutting the bumper and cover. I have synthetic line ordered and should be here Wednesday. I save money in the long run just ordering the Synthetic instead of sending this one back and buying a new winch. All in all it probably took 12 hours to install. Looks good and the ride is a bit different now up front. I can feel the weight. I'm hoping the synthetic will help a bit. We will see soon.
Just added.
BFG KO2 315’s. Body mount Chop Panhard and LCR package 4.56 Gears and locked the front end. Added an ARB Compressor controlled with an SPOD. New Rear swing out should be installed on Wednesday. I’m waiting on spacers from trail gear to arrive. I’ll install those along with heavy duty sway bar end links along with an aggressive front bumper trim. More pics to come.

Attachments

FranklinFamOutdoors

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Powhatan, VA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Franklin
Member #

Awesome rig SFWSCX3! I just picked up a 2016 4R Trail yesterday, so to say this is inspirational is an understatement! How are you liking the Prinsu? Still happy with it, or wishing you had gone a different route? I think a rack and tent will be my first mods, so that I can get the family out in the woods asap. Just trying to make sure the stuff I'm looking at will not need to be removed or replaced anytime soon! Thanks!

Jeepinit

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Mateo, CA, USA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Bright
Member #

Awesome rig SFWSCX3! I just picked up a 2016 4R Trail yesterday, so to say this is inspirational is an understatement! How are you liking the Prinsu? Still happy with it, or wishing you had gone a different route? I think a rack and tent will be my first mods, so that I can get the family out in the woods asap. Just trying to make sure the stuff I'm looking at will not need to be removed or replaced anytime soon! Thanks!
Hey there!
Congrats on the new Rig!
Love the Prinsu. It’s been great and easy to move the rails around. The modular build makes it simple. I like the low profile racks. Froneunner makes a killer rack as well. It’s not low profile, but has all attachments you can imagine. Just be sure to research, research and research. Ask questions on the forums. All if the active members are super responsive! If you have any other questions please reach out!!

Reactions: FranklinFamOutdoors

FranklinFamOutdoors

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Powhatan, VA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Franklin
Member #

Hey there!
Congrats on the new Rig!
Love the Prinsu. It’s been great and easy to move the rails around. The modular build makes it simple. I like the low profile racks. Froneunner makes a killer rack as well. It’s not low profile, but has all attachments you can imagine. Just be sure to research, research and research. Ask questions on the forums. All if the active members are super responsive! If you have any other questions please reach out!!
I love the accessories for the FrontRunner Rack, but prefer the low profile of the Prinsu/Victory style racks. I'm hoping to hit a rigs and coffee soon and see some of these things in person before I start flinging (more) cash at my rig! Thanks for the quick reply. Good luck on whatever is next!