2019 Tacoma TRD Pro

• HTML tutorial

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Calgary, AB, Canada
Member #

I just had a notification that there is only one 2019 Tacoma TRD pro just rolled into Alberta which is not on the books yet.

I am so tempted

What do you think?
What would the costs to upgrade this to a 4x4 overlanding home and play thing?

IMG_2864.JPGIMG_2865.JPGIMG_2866.JPG

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

I just had a notification that there is only one 2019 Tacoma TRD pro just rolled into Alberta which is not on the books yet.

I am so tempted

What do you think?
What would the costs to upgrade this to a 4x4 overlanding home and play thing?

View attachment 79643View attachment 79644View attachment 79645
Crazy expensive....I would build a used one. I could buy my offroad trailer and still not reach that price for unmodified, off the lot Toy.

Reactions: Arailt and Trick3d

Trick3d

Rank 0

Traveler I

CA
Crazy expensive....I would build a used one. I could buy my offroad trailer and still not reach that price for unmodified, off the lot Toy.
If you can afford it, go for it. I would not personally drop 65k just to then have to drop another 10 k on over landing gear. I'll let others comment.

Reactions: Chadlyb

Mojavewanderer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Steward I

Hemet, CA, USA
First Name
Brent
Last Name
Caldon
Member #

109F8BD7-A3A1-4C55-A494-FD11EFC8D2C6.jpeg This 2018 model was at my local dealership in Southern California. I bought my first house for less.​

Chadlyb

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Bend, OR, USA
Member #

View attachment 79660 This 2018 model was at my local dealership in Southern California. I bought my first house for less.​
$10,000.00 market adjustment??!!!....Big WTF to that!!....what market is that? These are built by the thousands and don't do laundry or the dishes. Don't cook or clean. Don't get me wrong. I Love my Tacoma but no way am I going to pay Over what it's worth. I spent the money on mods instead. That is crazy dealer talk going on there.

Reactions: Arailt

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

Yeah, those are stupid prices.

My buddy has a TRD Off Road taco. It's a great vehicle, I can attest.

One down side, he's had no end of trouble with severely squeaking rear leaf springs for some reason. Not sure if he finally got that sorted, but it was extremely annoying to him.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

The TRD Pro Tacos and especially 4Runners are regularly marked up by crazy amounts over MSRP. You see it with Raptors too. People still buy them though. I think it's nuts but it's just money, to some people.

Reactions: Chadlyb

Stepsride

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Palm Harbor FL
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Stepkoski
Member #

I am not here to stop you however there are some better used deals out there. But it is nice to have a nice new shiny truck. Write out realistically what you want the truck to do. Then write out what you will need to start to do it. Most of the time this will lead you down the right path. The key is write it down.

I did this with a Jeep Wrangler JKU. I wanted the Rubicon because that one is the “best”. However, I was replacing everything from tires up to the tub.... so I bought the sport and ended up spending much less after the build due to starting on the low end to begin with.

Reactions: Cpol and Fozzy325

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Ardrossan, AB, Canada
First Name
Jas
Last Name
Spr
Member #

I am not here to stop you however there are some better used deals out there. But it is nice to have a nice new shiny truck. Write out realistically what you want the truck to do. Then write out what you will need to start to do it. Most of the time this will lead you down the right path. The key is write it down.

I did this with a Jeep Wrangler JKU. I wanted the Rubicon because that one is the “best”. However, I was replacing everything from tires up to the tub.... so I bought the sport and ended up spending much less after the build due to starting on the low end to begin with.
I test drove a Rubicon, as I was thinking ahead to when the CR-V eventually bites the dust, and I came to the same conclusion as you- better to buy the Sport and upgrade it yourself.

Reactions: Stepsride

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

Be easy on him (OP), Guys..

The OP is in Canada. Prices are very different there, than here in the States.

I looked up an SR5 (up there) and the thing was 10k more than an Off Road here.