• HTML tutorial

2019 Tacoma TRD Pro

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Hey people,
I’m the OP, I have no issues with all the comments, I have been looking at the us prices. And it’s not far off, 52k usd.

I was more interested to start making a list of things that would be replaced to get it overland standard. I was going to edit the first page.

From what see it is actually better to go for the base line 4x4 then change everything after that.
The snorkel is not a true waterproof snorkel,
The standard extras would be on top, so going standard is ideal

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Be easy on him (OP), Guys..

The OP is in Canada. Prices are very different there, than here in the States.

I looked up an SR5 (up there) and the thing was 10k more than an Off Road here.
I don't think anyone is giving him a hard time. We are mainly commenting on the ridiculous markup on the TRD Pros in the US and Canada. Fozzy325 could be a millionaire for all I know. I'm a big advocate of buy what makes you happy and don't worry if anyone else thinks you got a good deal or a crummy one. :)

Arailt

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

If you’re going to modify it, especially the suspension, you’d be better off buying an Off Road model. Unless you really need that fake hood scoop :tonguewink:

Fozzy325

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

I was wondering about that bonnet scoop. If there was no dust snorkel, is it actually used? If it is for the normal vehicle usage that would be like a massive dust buster and catch all the dust.
Not good for following anyone on a dusty gravel road

Arailt

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

The scoop is fake. It’s just a plastic insert. Comes on the TRD Sport and TRD Pro models.

Anchor Mtn

US Rocky Mountain Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

With the "market adjustment" you are far better off just getting a trd off-road model and adding the parts yourself. You will have spent less and gotten better parts in the end .

Arailt

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

The Pro is basically an appearance package with Fox struts and shocks. Mechanically (minus the Fox suspension), they are identical to a TRD Off Road.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

The Pro is basically an appearance package with Fox struts and shocks. Mechanically (minus the Fox suspension), they are identical to a TRD Off Road.
Wow, it's pretty assinine to charge $10,000 for an appearance package. This is why I never buy anything from a stealership.