2019 ford raptor

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

5,321
Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

16273

Service Branch
Army
Hey all! this thread is about my 2019 ford raptor, and the things that I've done to it ill share some photos from purchase day until now. I bought it in march of last year, and since then I've traveled 4 different states, and put over 50,000 on the odometer. she has had some issues, broken sun roof, cam phasers, and ended up needing a whole new engine. I'll list off some of my mods, for lighting I've used rough country lights exclusively, 6 pods with amber drl, 2 ditch lights, removed a pair in favor of amber sae fogs, behind the grill lightbar. For performance mods I have an sb cold air intake, corsa catch can, corsa extreme cat back exhaust, and the ford performance differential cover. I removed the bed cover. interior mods, is just a simple phone mount, and latest mod is new nitto ridge grapplers to replace my ko2s.
 
  • Like
Reactions: Sparksalot
I had—hell, still have—the broken sunroof. A real joy. The glass is sealed shut and doesn’t leak, which is a small miracle, but the cover refuses to close, like it’s staging a quiet protest. I slapped a blackout tint on the glass. Works.

Then there was the cam phaser fiasco which Ford did fix under warranty.

All of which brings me to the real question: what in God’s name happened to the engine that you had to replace the whole thing?
 
im not 100 percent what caused the engine to go, I am very diligent when it comes to maintaining my truck. the cam phasers were replaced that August, and by November the engine was done. in all honesty I was going to get a coffee, not racing, not going fast, truck wasn't behaving oddly, but suddenly I got a low oil pressure warning. I pulled over checked the oil and I was just under the add line, so I stopped driving and walked over to the store nearby and bought some oil, added it and then tires again the engine was knocking. so I had the truck towed back to the dealership. they said there was metal chunks in the oil pan, strips of metal in the take up tube, and obviously the oil had metal in it as well. he said the main bearing was spun too. I think when they did the cam phasers something got left inside the motor that either blocked or caused the engine to be starved of oil. sorry for the way late reply.