Whiiskeypete

Rank 0

Contributor I

Orange County, CA, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Strom
Just picked up my Lariat on 7/12/19 and could not be more excited to get this build going! It may be a long process but the build I am going for is a daily driver/overlander build. My girlfriend and I will be doing videos from our travels in the build with our Weimaraner puppy Kobe (He was born 7/23/19). Keep an eye out for our instagram and youtube channel!

Feel free to give suggestions on what you think I should add to this build!

Truck Details:
2019 F-150 Abyss Grey
2.7l Ecoboost
Supercrew 5.5 Bed
501a Package
4x4 FX4 Package
Sport Package

I have a Snugtop Rebel topper on its way decked out with extra support beams, headliner, LED lighting and roof racks (for a rooftop tent).

fullsizeoutput_4.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_3.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_7.jpeg

Tray

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

San Antonio, TX, USA
First Name
Tray
Last Name
Cooper
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WB5TRA
Just picked up my Lariat on 7/12/19 and could not be more excited to get this build going! It may be a long process but the build I am going for is a daily driver/overlander build. My girlfriend and I will be doing videos from our travels in the build with our Weimaraner puppy Kobe (He was born 7/23/19). Keep an eye out for our instagram and youtube channel!

Feel free to give suggestions on what you think I should add to this build!

Truck Details:
2019 F-150 Abyss Grey
2.7l Ecoboost
Supercrew 5.5 Bed
501a Package
4x4 FX4 Package
Sport Package

I have a Snugtop Rebel topper on its way decked out with extra support beams, headliner, LED lighting and roof racks (for a rooftop tent).

View attachment 109301
View attachment 109302
View attachment 109303
Nice truck!

Reactions: Whiiskeypete

Contributor I

Kansas City, MO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Martel
Absolutely love the that color. I almost pulled the trigger on buy one that color a few months ago, but decided to keep my 2014 F150. Can't wait to see where the build gos. Best of luck!!

Whiiskeypete

Rank 0

Contributor I

Orange County, CA, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Strom
This last weekend we decided to build out the bed of the truck. We opted to go this route instead of a RTT because we wanted to have a little bit more warmth and it will be easy for our dog to get in and out of the bed! We have our mattress being delivered this week. This is just the start so I hope you enjoy!

IMG_1533.jpgIMG_1532.jpg

Reactions: Big G

GR8WHTE

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Orange County, CA, USA
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Verrastro
Member #

This last weekend we decided to build out the bed of the truck. We opted to go this route instead of a RTT because we wanted to have a little bit more warmth and it will be easy for our dog to get in and out of the bed! We have our mattress being delivered this week. This is just the start so I hope you enjoy!

View attachment 144869View attachment 144870
looks killer! who built the drawer system? where are you getting your custom mattress from?

Whiiskeypete

Rank 0

Contributor I

Orange County, CA, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Strom
looks killer! who built the drawer system? where are you getting your custom mattress from?
Thank you! We built everything from scratch, the drawer is just on a ball bearing roll system and build from plywood. We ordered a 4" queen size foam topper which we'll have to cut to fit perfect and then well sew a custom cover for it!

GR8WHTE

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Orange County, CA, USA
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Verrastro
Member #

Thank you! We built everything from scratch, the drawer is just on a ball bearing roll system and build from plywood. We ordered a 4" queen size foam topper which we'll have to cut to fit perfect and then well sew a custom cover for it!
very nice! do you build photos on it? how did you work around the wheel wells? drawers stop at the wheel wells?

Whiiskeypete

Rank 0

Contributor I

Orange County, CA, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Strom
very nice! do you build photos on it? how did you work around the wheel wells? drawers stop at the wheel wells?
Of Course! We just used a jigsaw to cut the plywood around the wheel well. The drawer does stop at the wheel well which is why we made the hatch in the rear for storage. We left one side open so I can fit my surfboard under the bed.

Here are some photos!
IMG_1494.jpeg
IMG_1499.jpegIMG_1500.jpegIMG_1504.jpegIMG_1507.jpeg

Reactions: GR8WHTE

GR8WHTE

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Orange County, CA, USA
First Name
Dylan
Last Name
Verrastro
Member #

Of Course! We just used a jigsaw to cut the plywood around the wheel well. The drawer does stop at the wheel well which is why we made the hatch in the rear for storage. We left one side open so I can fit my surfboard under the bed.

Here are some photos!
View attachment 144883
View attachment 144884View attachment 144885View attachment 144886View attachment 144887
awesome ! thank you for the photos looks great! looks pretty straight forward! I am running the truck bed air mattress in my shell but am looking for more storage and eliminating totes and not really interested in spending 1200 for a decked system made out of plastic., still a great system but want to DIY to meet my needs.

Thank you again!

Peccavi18

Rank III

Advocate I

Pittsburgh, PA, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Rogus
Any updates? I love that color! I ended up going used and had to settle for white. Doesn't seem to be many F150 builds especially newer ones, but loving the ones there are.