Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hackettstown, NJ
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
R
Member #

Looking good! I'm having trouble with bed racks for our trucks guess I'll need to look into some custom made one.
Thanks! Dethloff Mfg. made my rack... It works great with the ramboxes - very happy with it.

Nozz

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Bay Area CA
Member #

Looks awesome! Def. reminds me how bad the factory storage options are on my F150. Your build is giving me some great ideas, thanks a ton.

Reactions: DVC

Crushman

Rank 0

Contributor I

Alberta, Canada
First Name
Troy
Last Name
Snyder
Wow this build has my gears turning in my big melon.I have a 2012 jeep rubicon and have to sell family has gotten bigger i have had a 2015 outdoorsman since 2015 and this will keep that modding ,trail blazing fire burning inside that i thought i was going to lose after my jeep is gone.
Nice truck and cleanly built.

Poserlander

Rank 0

Traveler I

Cayucos
I think the wheel size and tire size ratio looks great. Safe to air down I mean. These trucks are great. I have a friend with a hemi with 220,000 on the clock. He was never nice to it, Tow’s a huge mastercraft with it and it’s still kicking. Good luck bro. One thing I know is when you start to hit that stock overload capacity this truck will sag and bottom out just like a smaller truck. A rtt, fuel cans, full size spare which I highly recommend getting as well as all the other gear is going to weigh heavy. Btw these look awesome with snorkels...

DVC

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Hackettstown, NJ
First Name
Aaron
Last Name
R
Member #

I've gotten into SUP lately, and the bed rack with a Rhino-Rack Pioneer platform on top ends up being the perfect height for a board on my Thule DockGrip carriers. Marcus from Dethloff Mfr made me some custom brackets to connect the platform to his 2" cross bars... Much cleaner than the stock Rhino-Rack brackets.20190908_184001.jpg
View attachment 117287

Last edited:
Reactions: greatwhitenorth

Roloc

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Austin, TX, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Rodda
Member #

Marcus has been awesome to work with on mine as well. I'd recommend him to anyone.

Contributor I

Edmonton, Alberta Canada
First Name
David
Last Name
Silvestri
A few new additions to the truck...

White Knuckle Off-Road Rock Sliders - I got these mounted on the truck last Friday, and they proved essential while off-roading at AOAA last Sunday. They bolt to the frame, so they're very solid (you can use them as a jack point); the extensions work great as side steps, and at helping to deflect obstacles from the bottom of the chassis; and I think they actually look great on the truck.

Dethloff Mfg Expedition Rack - Dethloff was kind enough to revise their existing Rambox-compatible rack design to fit short bed Rams. I've been working with him to get all the required dimensions, angles and specs for quite a while, and at long last the rack arrived a couple days ago. (A few days too late for the AOAA trip, but oh well). It bolts into existing holes hidden underneath the bed rail end caps - except it's recommended to drill one hole on each side at the front corners...the HDs have holes here already, but 1500s don't.

Once mounted, the rack is rock solid. And the curved bars are a nice match with the flowing lines of the truck...I really like the looks of it. It comes with two straight cross-bars (not mounted in the pic) that can be positioned anywhere along the length of the rack with roll bar-style clamps. There are optional riser bars for use when carrying long items that would stick out over the cab. Thule and Yakima rack accessories will all easily mount to the 2" cross bars.

I also worked with Dethloff on an idea I had for a low profile MaxTrax carrier that fits up between the cross bars to minimize obscuring vision out the rear view mirror...he's working on a design for that, and it should be completed soon.

Looks like you're pretty much building out what I want to do... I appreciate so much what you're sharing. I'd been waffling back and forth on the ramboxes, just because I wanted to be able to do the tonneau and rack system.

Looks so awesome :)