Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harpe
Member #

I completely forgot to post this, but before I did the lift I installed this Banks intake, and I have some not so nice things to say about. So first Banks as always been one of those "premium bands" that prides themselves on quality. This intake is not quality. My first issue is that the design of the intake makes it a pain to install. The placement of the sensors is far lower on the intake then they come factory and one of the sensors is really close to the hot oil filter. One of the holes for the sensor was too small and I had to use a dremel to make it bigger and the other one was so big that the o-ring does not properly seal. The active ram motor is poorly mounted and leaves a massive gap allowing dirt and water to get on the motor shaft. It also does not utilize both of the active ram air flaps. The breather hose is a cheap generic rubber hose were as the factory hose was a nice silicone hose. The factory hose is too short to use with the new intake so I had to use the rubber one. The only thing I like about it is the slight turbo whistle you get after the install.
View attachment 124465
Return for refund and try a different brand [emoji2369]

Salty4Life

Rank V

Pathfinder III

Loxahatchee, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Larsen
Member #

@Salty4Life It actually rides just like factory after using the AEV procal. I have nitro 4.30 gears for it that I need installed, I have only had the truck for three weeks so I will get to it soon. But daily driving is fine, I average 20 mpg with the 37s. Steep climbs in four low are where the lower gears would really help, it takes a whole lot of throttle and boost to turn those tires up a hill.
How are you getting the 4.30 gears in a 2500? I believe that the 4.30 only comes in an 11.8 ring gear and 2500s use the 11.5. If you can run 4.30s, that’s what I’ll be going with once I need new tires

Salty4Life

Rank V

Pathfinder III

Loxahatchee, FL, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Larsen
Member #

Alpha Out Front

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Arizona, USA
First Name
Raymond
Last Name
Armenta
So fun fact about these gears. I called Nitro just to be 100% because the 4.30 gear I have is in fact a 11.8 ring. NItro says the 4.30 11.8 ring gear will in fact fit 14+ diesel Rams with an 11.5 factory gear set.

Reactions: Mike harpe

Alpha Out Front

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Arizona, USA
First Name
Raymond
Last Name
Armenta
Ok, so I had to get a few things that I did not plan on buying. I was on some trails yesterday and they were overgrown and scratched the hell out of my truck, so to prevent this I picked up a ryobi electric chain saw. I also ordered some AEV splash guards because some how rocks chipped the crap out of my driver side window. A couple months ago I was looking at buying a yeti cooler but ended up getting a 55 quart Alpicool freezer on amazon for 280 bucks. After getting the cooler I realized I needed something to run it at night so I got a yeti 400 and the 100 watt solar panels.

just a quick update on all the other things going on soon:
4.30 gears will go in later next week along with the AEV diff cover.
Tent and rhino rack will go on in the next few days just waiting for the bed rails to come in.
I am going to start make some brackets to mount my Rigid D2 lights in the bumper tomorrow.
Kc scene lights are installed on the rhino rack and just need to be wired once the rack is on.
I am also thinking about making some storage for the new chainsaw, three ton jack, recovery boards and tools that are currently flying all over my bed. I do have a 37 inch spare in the bed but I should still have plenty of space for storage.

charging (1).jpgyetichainsaw.jpgoops.jpg

Mike harpe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harpe
Member #

Ouch. Heavy correcting cream and an orbital are needed now.

Alpha Out Front

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Arizona, USA
First Name
Raymond
Last Name
Armenta
I have been busy the last few days getting the truck ready for a camping trip this weekend. But it's mostly done now. Gears and diff covers will get put in later due to this trip. The dealership let me down and ordered the wrong bedside rails, so I went to home depot and got some C-channel so I can get this truck done in time. I got the Rhino rack on and the tent all set up and it fits SO GOOD! The biggest problem I have with this truck is that very little is out there for trucks with the Ram box option. I needed something that would not only fit but would allow the ram boxes to still open. What I found was a Rhino Rack tower and platform setup from rackoutfiters.com. The kit is actually for a Toyota Tacoma because of the Platform size but you can get the towers with any platform you desire. Under the Rack is a set of KC scene lights that I will wire up in the morning, and the Rigid D2s will also go in tomorrow. AEV splash guards should show up tomorrow and that will basically wrap up this build for now. I did get some new gear and test I fit everything in the bed. 5 gallon Fuel can and a box of DEF will go up next to the jack behind the ram gate (if you run out of DEF you are limited to 5 MPH until you fill it up).
closedtent.jpggearsdiffcover.jpgopentent (1).jpgrhinorack.jpgrigidbracket.jpgfreezeryeti.jpgopentent.jpgpackedgear.jpggearbox.jpgnewgear.jpgramgatejack.jpg

Alpha Out Front

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Arizona, USA
First Name
Raymond
Last Name
Armenta
I got around to finally putting in the rigid lights. I really wanted to mount them in the front bumper but couldn't find anyone that makes brackets for anything other than a light bar that would block all the air to the intercooler. I found some brackets on amazon that I thought might work for only 27 bucks. They didn't work so I did some very quick and basically minor cuts and welding to make it work. I cut the bracket along the vertical line in the picture shown below, put it flush on the floor and welded it together. Then I cut the tab at an angle to allow access to the hardware on the side of the D2 light and allowed the light to rotate more for adjustability. I also added a small triangle brace on the bottom. As far as wiring goes it was super easy thanks to the factory AUX switches. I just ran the ground to the battery and the power wire to the number 2 AUX switch.
InkedAmazonbracket_LI.jpgfinished bracket.jpgcutbracket.jpgrigidD2.jpg

Reactions: OverRAM3500

Mike harpe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harpe
Member #

I like what you have going. I'd love to see how you mounted the rack to the bed since I have the ramboxes as well.

OverRAM3500

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ephrata Avenue Northwest, Soap Lake, Washington 98851, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Gehlen
Member #

That's one good looking truck. It's great to see other 6.7 Cummins owners building these trucks to move through the wilderness. As big as my '18 cclb is I wouldn't trade it simply for its room and advantages. 20+mpg, and can fit the family...and friends. Very clean build. I like it. Here's mine in the making.

Attachments

Alpha Out Front

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Arizona, USA
First Name
Raymond
Last Name
Armenta
I like what you have going. I'd love to see how you mounted the rack to the bed since I have the ramboxes as well.
So what I used was the rhino rack 10 inch bed towers and a rhino rack pioneer platform. Front runner sells basically the same setup now. Since the dealer ordered the wrong rails for my truck I went to home depot and got some uni-strut cut them to size and bolted them to the bed. The uni strut is the same thing as the factory rails but steel and not as pretty. The uni-strut cost me 40 bucks, the factory Mopar rails are just over 400. The four towers are not connected to each other in anyway until you get the platform on top and bolt the platform to the individual towers.
rackmountunistrut.jpg

Front Runner rack: Dodge Ram w/ RamBox (2009-Current) Slimline II 6'4" Bed Rack Kit - by Front Runner
The picture shows the Front Runner rack with factory Mopar (non tonneau cover) rails.
frontrunnerslimlinerack.jpg

Alpha Out Front

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Arizona, USA
First Name
Raymond
Last Name
Armenta
That's one good looking truck. It's great to see other 6.7 Cummins owners building these trucks to move through the wilderness. As big as my '18 cclb is I wouldn't trade it simply for its room and advantages. 20+mpg, and can fit the family...and friends. Very clean build. I like it. Here's mine in the making.
That is a sweet rack set up you got there. I got the diesel because of the MPG. My poor Jeep gets awful mileage with its lift and tires, the truck does amazing on fuel. Flashing the truck with the AEV procal for the tire size makes a massive difference by correcting shift points after you put on bigger tires.

Alpha Out Front

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Arizona, USA
First Name
Raymond
Last Name
Armenta
I found some extra wood so I made some dividers for the Ram boxes. The Ram boxes are infinitely more useful when you put dividers in them. I also added a pic of the truck in its bone stock form just over 30 days ago when I picked it up. I got it with 200 miles, now it has 4200, I drive the crap out of it haha.
driverrambox.jpgpassrambox.jpgtruckonbridge.jpg

OverRAM3500

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Ephrata Avenue Northwest, Soap Lake, Washington 98851, United States
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Gehlen
Member #

That is a sweet rack set up you got there. I got the diesel because of the MPG. My poor Jeep gets awful mileage with its lift and tires, the truck does amazing on fuel. Flashing the truck with the AEV procal for the tire size makes a massive difference by correcting shift points after you put on bigger tires.
I've heard the AEV unit is pretty nice for the 68rfe guys. I have the Aisin as69rc and can't change anything. I absolutely love the diesel for its mileage. It's nice getting good fuel economy with a loaded truck. But man they are big in the trails.

Alpha Out Front

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Arizona, USA
First Name
Raymond
Last Name
Armenta
I've heard the AEV unit is pretty nice for the 68rfe guys. I have the Aisin as69rc and can't change anything. I absolutely love the diesel for its mileage. It's nice getting good fuel economy with a loaded truck. But man they are big in the trails.
The trucks size is why I carry a chain saw.

• Haha
Reactions: OverRAM3500

Mike harpe

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Georgia
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Harpe
Member #