Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Awesome rig man! Love what you've done. Did you ever go about routing the other two breathers? I am debating on relocating mine but my rear is already up at the top of the frame in one of the cross beams that support the bed. Haven't dug around underneath long enough to find them.

To anyone who comes across this thread, the FX4 skid plates are ok, but they are definitively a one and done thin sheet metal plate. The RCI ones are legitimate skid plates.
Thanks! I'm loving the project more and more. I ended up not doing it. While at my in-laws shop for an oil change (gotta love a free oil change:grimacing:), I went to look at the transfer case and transmission. I honestly couldn't find it and don't want to drop the transmission just to extend it.

I would recommend doing the rear, at least go down there and make sure Ford actually has the one way valve installed. At least for mine, it was literally just the tube.

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

beautiful rig man! Saw you on the 5 fwy once while in the wifes car! Hope you didnt mind me taking some pics! Awesome truck!
Nice! Hopefully one it was on a day that the truck was actually clean and the pinstripes don't look too crazy! If you are in the area, we should go on a run one day.

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Thanks! I'm loving the project more and more. I ended up not doing it. While at my in-laws shop for an oil change (gotta love a free oil change:grimacing:), I went to look at the transfer case and transmission. I honestly couldn't find it and don't want to drop the transmission just to extend it.

I would recommend doing the rear, at least go down there and make sure Ford actually has the one way valve installed. At least for mine, it was literally just the tube.

I'm pretty sure mine is just the tube as well. Did you order a specific one way valve or did it come in the ARB kit?

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

I'm pretty sure mine is just the tube as well. Did you order a specific one way valve or did it come in the ARB kit?
I just ordered the ARB kit which comes with a filter.

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

I installed a ProClip USA mount on the center console with a Ram Ball mount and long arm for my iPad Mini. I use the mini when I want to do quick look at the map in another location or for my navigator to read my waypoint notes. So far on a couple of trips, it has worked really well. Some shaking but it is still readable. Here is also a pic from a recent trip up the 395.

IMG_0096.jpeg

IMG_0059.jpeg

IMG_0063.jpeg

Reactions: Traxx

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

It has been awhile but a pretty big update to the big Blueberry.

It took a lot longer than anticipated, but got a RPG Prerunner bumper installed with a Baja Design Onyx6 40" light bar. Also got the warn 12S winch with Factor55 Superhook. Took it on a test run with some fellow OB members and that skid plate already came in handy with some scratches on it from some slightly technical sections. Overall really pleased with how it turned out.

Future is to delete the rest of the chrome, and save up for some beefier suspension. This weekend will probably trim the plastic in front of the wheels and may drill in to the skid plate to mount the license plate. Still torn about that though.

20200926_Joshua_Tree_JNP_2910.jpg

20200926_Joshua_Tree_JNP_2908.jpg

20200926_Joshua_Tree_JNP_2941.jpg

20200926_Joshua_Tree_JNP_2945.jpg

Ncat

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Corona, CA, USA
First Name
N
Last Name
Cat
Member #

i am doing a project day on Saturday if you want help with those projects!

It has been awhile but a pretty big update to the big Blueberry.

It took a lot longer than anticipated, but got a RPG Prerunner bumper installed with a Baja Design Onyx6 40" light bar. Also got the warn 12S winch with Factor55 Superhook. Took it on a test run with some fellow OB members and that skid plate already came in handy with some scratches on it from some slightly technical sections. Overall really pleased with how it turned out.

Future is to delete the rest of the chrome, and save up for some beefier suspension. This weekend will probably trim the plastic in front of the wheels and may drill in to the skid plate to mount the license plate. Still torn about that though.

View attachment 171894

View attachment 171897

View attachment 171895

View attachment 171896
[/QUOT

Reactions: PonoAdventures

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

I spy the intercooler! Nice upgrade there as well. Any noticeable difference with the added cooling area?
Good eye! I had no choice to do it since it was the only way to get a winch in there. I honestly haven't noticed since I didn't do the Forscan mod to see the temp until recently. We were out in the desert (roughly mid 90s) and it remained at a good temp. No noticeable power boost.

haaken675

Rank II

Enthusiast III

fl
First Name
Large
Last Name
J
Love the new bumper setup! I really want to do a hidden winch, but the fact that you are forced to relocate the intercooler is so cost prohibitive...I can't believe how expensive intercoolers are for these trucks. I have 2 turbo cars with custom intercooler setups that were combined not even half the cost of intercooler relocation kits for these trucks..

Reactions: PonoAdventures

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Love the new bumper setup! I really want to do a hidden winch, but the fact that you are forced to relocate the intercooler is so cost prohibitive...I can't believe how expensive intercoolers are for these trucks. I have 2 turbo cars with custom intercooler setups that were combined not even half the cost of intercooler relocation kits for these trucks..
Yea you have to fully commit to do it which sucks because the cost.

I think part of it is demand. There isn’t much for relocating the CAC so the 2-3 companies that do it don’t have much competition to lower prices.

I’m not sure about custom intercooler setups but I feel like it is comparable when you include the piping, mount to relocate horn and mount to relocate the adaptive cruise control.

I remember when looking at relocating my wrx intercooler to a front mount, the cost was pretty close to the F-150 and that’s due to all the additional piping etc. if I just upgraded the intercooler itself it would be way cheaper.

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

More updates than expected. Working on a project day with fellow OB member Ncat, I added some KC Gravity Pro 6 on some Rago Fab ditch mounts. The primary use of these will be for amber lighting during dusty conditions. I also trimmed some of the fender liner in the front to clean up the look a bit. I also switched out the chrome tow hooks to red tow hooks.

I also relocated the Ghost Antenna to the side of the Pro6s.

Also, I returned my Dometic CFX355IM because I was not happy with their "fix" for their recall of a sticker and replaced it with the Arb Zero 73Qt DualZone. It is 1" longer but a lot taller. It still fits in the spot behind the passenger seat and now I have the capability to have some frozen items on trips...like ice cream:grin:

It was shipped with a cracked side bumper, but I trust Arb 's Customer Service and they will send a replacement piece for me to install.
tempImageWhrMto.jpg

tempImagec6pqUt.jpg

tempImagetTFFFN.jpg

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Wasn't planning on doing this upgrade, but @Ncat is a terrible influence on me. Dovetailed my truck bed and installed the SVC Mojave Rear Bumper. Very surprised how much I love this install. Huge increase in departure angle and clearance. Hitch was moved up by roughly 6" and I believe there was some weight savings moving to this bumper. The stock rear bumper with the max tow hitch was a lot heavier than I expected.

IMG_0292.jpeg

IMG_0293.jpeg

Reactions: .30 Al

.30 Al

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Wasn't planning on doing this upgrade, but @Ncat is a terrible influence on me. Dovetailed my truck bed and installed the SVC Mojave Rear Bumper. Very surprised how much I love this install. Huge increase in departure angle and clearance. Hitch was moved up by roughly 6" and I believe there was some weight savings moving to this bumper. The stock rear bumper with the max tow hitch was a lot heavier than I expected.

View attachment 174904

View attachment 174911
How difficult was this to perform? Very interested as I am always draggin my hitch receiver.....

PonoAdventures

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Orange County, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

How difficult was this to perform? Very interested as I am always draggin my hitch receiver.....
That was the main reason why I decided to do it.

SVC installed it for me since the price of the dovetailing included installing the bumper. @Ncat build thread shows when he installed it but it looks pretty straight forward. We were going to install it ourselves on my truck, but I don't trust myself to do the dovetailing. Something about cutting body panels that are visible I just don't trust myself.