Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
@Wawa Skittletits @outwardbound you guys decide if the family is coming with this year?
Flying solo again this year. My wife is just too busy with work. Hopefully the little guy will be traveling with me more next year.

I might bring my 10 yr old daughter. But it not sure yet.

In other news, I looked at 10 day forecast for Hendersonville. Looks like rain for Thursday.
Better check the 14 day forecast... just saying. :wink:

MrCoffee

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Springfield, Vermont
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
U
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB1PMW
Hello everyone! Even though Expo is still a couple months away there's already been a lot of discussion about who's leaving when and from where so I figured it wouldn't be a bad idea to get this thread started. Ultimately the goal is to have as many of us rolling into Expo together so that we can camp together. This thread will be focused on those of us planning to arrive on Thursday but I'd gladly add a Friday folks variant.

As it stands there are two planned routes coming down from the northeast/mid atlantic. Please know that things can change slightly this far out but here are those plans thus far. If you have different plans please discuss it with me in DM and I'll add it to the thread.

We will be using the OB comm channels for the caravans and from the Rally Point.

CB 16
GMRS 15

Northeast Caravan

My plans for this caravan are to turn the drive down I-81 into a two day thing to include some trail riding and camping in George Washington and Jefferson National Forest. If you want to meet up at these places or along the way please mention it so that we know to expect you and can plan accordingly.

Wednesday 8AM.. meet at the Walmart in Wilkes Barre (2150 Wilkes Barre Township Blvd, Wilkes-Barre Township, PA 18702)

Wednesday night.. camp on Flagpole Knob in Virginia (Lat: 38.51001 Lon: -79.18415)

Thursday 3PM.. meet at Papa's and Beer Mexican Restaurant (1000 Brevard Rd, Asheville, NC 28806)

Mid-Atlantic Caravan

The plans for this caravan are to leave the Alexandria/Arlington area and will be headed up by @NovaBound and @sabjku. Their route will be I-95 I-85 I-40.

Thursday 630AM.. meeting spot TBD

Thursday 3PM.. meet at Papa's and Beer Mexican Restaurant (1000 Brevard Rd, Asheville, NC 28806)

Papa's and Beer (http://www.papasandbeerasheville.net/) is the meeting point for everyone regardless of where you're coming from. The plan is to leave the restaurant by 4PM to arrive at Expo before we will no longer be able to camp at 6PM. So who's making the trip?!

**** Rally Point ****

I set up a rally point for people coming from any direction. If you plan to caravan or simply meet us at Papa's and Beer, please follow the link and confirm your intentions.

https://www.overlandbound.com/event/2018-expo-east-caravan-meeting-point/

@Hank Outdoors @Jeepsies @JRElaxED @dziner @Cpol @Yota 4X4 @Ian McAdorey @WE ROME @MolangiNaeda

Well I truly wish my wife and I would be joining you all for the trip, BUT because of work schedules and my wife being in Florida the week before, we are going to have to fly down and stay at a motel. We will however be looking for you all, hoping to meet up with you over the course of the weekend. Will have a camera and Overland Bound swag on! :)

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

Hank Outdoors

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Robertson County, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Sean Hank
Last Name
Haney
Member #

From the North - Wed.7th
My wife and I are leaving NY (along with @Yota 4X4 ) early Wed. morning and meeting up with @Wawa Skittletits in Scranton PA then heading south to Flagpole Knob VA for camp and to hit a bit of dirt. Then heading the rest of the way Thurs.

@tobyjefe are you convoying with us too? Anyone else from the Northeast that you know of?

See you all there!!!

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Well I truly wish my wife and I would be joining you all for the trip, BUT because of work schedules and my wife being in Florida the week before, we are going to have to fly down and stay at a motel. We will however be looking for you all, hoping to meet up with you over the course of the weekend. Will have a camera and Overland Bound swag on! :)
Sorry to hear you won't be driving down with us but looking forward to seeing/meeting you both in NC.
From the North - Wed.7th
My wife and I are leaving NY (along with @Yota 4X4 ) early Wed. morning and meeting up with @Wawa Skittletits in Scranton PA then heading south to Flagpole Knob VA for camp and to hit a bit of dirt. Then heading the rest of the way Thurs.

@tobyjefe are you convoying with us too? Anyone else from the Northeast that you know of?

See you all there!!!
Not going to lie Hank... I'm getting pretty excited haha.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
I hate to say it but I am more excite about hitting the dirt in VA than the expo itself... Is that bad?
Haha I’ll say no because it’s going to be a good time. Should be a lot different from last year when I was up there on my way to expo. It was incredibly dry. Not a single water crossing had water flowing.

Reactions: Hank Outdoors