Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Based on all the information I’ve seen @Cpol it looks like it’ll be somewhere in the “East Camp” area. We will do our best to pick the most advantageous area but you’re generally at the mercy of where they tell you to go once you arrive.

KiloMike4

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Lewisville, NC, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Jackson
Member #

Dave H.

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pittsgrove Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Hitchner
Member #

I have no idea, haha. It's my first time going and volunteering there. If you volunteer it's free to attend, and that was a major reason why I am volunteering for the expo.

Edit: For me, the volunteer coordinator is thinking about putting me on an evening program so I'll have time to attend classes during the day. Since its my first time being at the event and all I suppose. So I guess its leaning on the side of 'pretty chill', at least in my experience so far. Although I have no idea how many hours I'll be working each day. I should find out this week when the schedule comes out.
Gotchya, yea unfortunately for me wrench, plans, bad. Not gonna be able to make it, but have a great time out there!

AlOrMi

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Kennesaw, Georgia
Member #

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Well, it's very close and getting excited.

I'll share this courtesy of my brother in NC - @smokin_2k .
https://www.exploreasheville.com/trip-ideas/seasonal-fun/fall/interactive-fall-color-map/

We may be close to peak fall color for Overland Expo East. The late start to fall may delay fall colors by up to two weeks.
Looks like the stars are aligning for an awesome trip!
You read my mind. I was wondering how close we were going to be for peak season. This will make the trip that much nicer! Thanks for the map!

Zombie

Local Expert Virginia, USA
Investor

Advocate III

Richmond, VA USA
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4ZTU
Hi All, 

I RSVP'd to the Rally Point, but I don't see myself on the "Going" list. I just wanted you to know that I'm planning on getting there about 3pm to get some Mexican Food. Driving down from Richmond, VA

Looking forward to my first Expo!

Thanks.

Tom

sabjku

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Alexandria, VA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Beh
Member #

Hi All,

I RSVP'd to the Rally Point, but I don't see myself on the "Going" list. I just wanted you to know that I'm planning on getting there about 3pm to get some Mexican Food. Driving down from Richmond, VA

Looking forward to my first Expo!

Thanks.

Tom
Tom we’ll be right behind you, as we’re leaving NOVA area around 6am. Planning on Interstate 81 vs. 95.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Will someone be setting up a group camp Thursday morning
I know you can start arriving at 10 but I haven’t seen anyone talk about doing so. To my knowledge this is the only group effort for Thursday.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
My wife and I will be there at 10:00 we will look for others, if not, we'll grab a spot and put up the OB flag. This is our rig.View attachment 74517
Very cool. Looking forward to meeting you both. We’ll be rolling in around 5 with 27+ rigs.

JasKolp

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Idaho, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kolp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4TLR
I finally got my volunteer schedule! I'll be at the Expo from the 7th-11th and will be camping in the Volunteer camping grounds. I'll be working most of the 8th and 9th, so I won't have much time to do anything else. I'll be able to meet you guys on Saturday and Sunday!

You guys probably won't be allowed in the Volunteer camping area, so here's a picture from my last camping trip of my current setup:
Untitled.png

Reactions: ob_explore