2017 Tacoma TRD crew cab Long Bed Build Socal

• HTML tutorial

Hayden Bennett

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Bristol, Rhode Island
Member #

Was debating between that and the bedslide. Wish they had one that the top deck also slid out but was strong enough to handle serious weight. That system still looks awesome though!

Tanner Howe

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Rio Vista
Member #

Love the set-up! Where did you get the bed rail mounting adapters from? I think those are pretty slick...I have a similar set up and it looks like that will suit my needs best.

Reactions: Clint Hughes

Clint Hughes

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chino, Ca
Member #

Love the set-up! Where did you get the bed rail mounting adapters from? I think those are pretty slick...I have a similar set up and it looks like that will suit my needs best.
I found them from a Tacoma World member who makes them himself. They are awesome, but with the new Decked drawers they didn’t clear the top of the deck so I had to flip them around and do a little modification. I’ll post pics of the mod today. Now they sit a little higher and consequently they are easy to access from the side Windoors of he shell.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Hayden Bennett

Tanner Howe

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Rio Vista
Member #

I found them from a Tacoma World member who makes them himself. They are awesome, but with the new Decked drawers they didn’t clear the top of the deck so I had to flip them around and do a little modification. I’ll post pics of the mod today. Now they sit a little higher and consequently they are easy to access from the side Windoors of he shell.

So nice. Every time I scroll through this thread it just makes me want to drain my bank account on more shit...the struggle is real.

Last edited:
Reactions: EscoTerrestrial

Hayden Bennett

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Bristol, Rhode Island
Member #

Thanks Tanner. It’s a fun hobby, but you’re right on the money...nothin good is ever cheap. I’m trying to build this one the right way the first time.

Yeah cheap shit always ends up costing more when you replace it 5 times! "Don't half ass 2 things whole ass one thing" -Ron Swanson

Tanner Howe

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Rio Vista
Member #

Think I need a new pair of pants!! So Sick!! Haha #happyending
Ya, pretty damn sweet. The best part is the first few pages of the thread shows his rig, but as soon as you think you've seen it all, he snaps one last pic with the rig attached to a bad ass overland scout tailer!

silverfstop

Rank 0

Traveler I

Wow, impressive setup. Are you going to fit the trailer w/ matching wheels and KO2's?

I'm guessing you have ambitious travel plans? What's on the docket for 2018?

Clint Hughes

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chino, Ca
Member #

Wow, impressive setup. Are you going to fit the trailer w/ matching wheels and KO2's?

I'm guessing you have ambitious travel plans? What's on the docket for 2018?
Eventually get the trailer fitted with the 285 KO2’s as well. The tires on it now and fine so I’ll chew that fat when I have to. We’re going out with the Turtleback crew to Mohave Rd and Death Valley in Feb and March and I’d like to get a week long Utah loop in the mix for spring, summertime is usually the Eastern Sierras for fishing and exploration. But I’m always up for a quickly day run or overnighter if family time permits.

I just got rid of my huge 36’ fifth wheel because I always stress with that thing on our back going down the road and it was quit a bit of work for ole dad. I prefer to travel and camp with the Turtleback because of the ease of set up and towing. And it’s just plain fun. Plus anywhere I can get he truck, the Turtleback will probably roll over as well.

silverfstop

Rank 0

Traveler I

Very cool. The Eastern Sierras are my jam. I'd love to hear how the shell / drawer combo works out in real world use. My concerns related to dust (both in the shell area and the drawers), and the real-world function of packing the drawers and living out of the rig.

Looking forward to updates!