Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Service Branch
Army / CIA
Here is the start of my build thread! Not sure how quickly this one will go (my previous Jeep builds always sped up way faster than I anticipated)...but here is how my Frontier is now:

03A5C37E-4FAA-457D-9638-E8F122A22326.JPG15753DFD-19E5-4282-B3B0-A46B87723742.JPG

Just a 2.5" Rough Country leveling kit and the decked system in the back. For now. Haven't taken this out with the Decked system yet but should be going on a trip in 2 weeks to see how it goes.

persquank

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

DFW
First Name
Randall
Last Name
Stephens
Member #

I've seen the decked system around a lot lately. They look very functional. Do you think you will need to beef up the rear suspension to accommodate more weight?

thewayhomeadventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Service Branch
Army / CIA
I don’t think so yet. The system itself isn’t that heavy. I lifted it by myself into the bed (in large pieces but none were that heavy). I took a cap I had on the back off when I put that in and actually think I lost a good amount of weight.

The drawers are really solid too. They ride on basically what looks like rollerblade wheels. But I have tools and gear in one of them and it doesn’t sag even when fully opened.

So far I’m a fan, but proof will be out on the trail.

thewayhomeadventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Service Branch
Army / CIA
There are a few of us Nissan owners here. Real good trucks.
I agree. Love the Frontier, this is my second one with two JKs (one Rubicon 2-door and a Sport JKU thrown in between). My only frustration is the limited aftermarket compared to Toyota’s, Jeeps, etc.

Reactions: eagle_A40

flash_gordon

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Pueblo, CO, USA
First Name
Shawn
Last Name
Davis
Member #

Here is the start of my build thread! Not sure how quickly this one will go (my previous Jeep builds always sped up way faster than I anticipated)...but here is how my Frontier is now:

View attachment 126328View attachment 126329

Just a 2.5" Rough Country leveling kit and the decked system in the back. For now. Haven't taken this out with the Decked system yet but should be going on a trip in 2 weeks to see how it goes.
Love the Frontier, good solid trucks!

eagle_A40

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Galvez, Louisiana. USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Somebody
Member #

I agree. Love the Frontier, this is my second one with two JKs (one Rubicon 2-door and a Sport JKU thrown in between). My only frustration is the limited aftermarket compared to Toyota’s, Jeeps, etc.
Matt, I see you're attending the Canton, Ga. meet & greet. I may try to make it there if I can.

Nomad164

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Rockingham, Western Australia, Australia
First Name
Karl
Last Name
Fehlauer
Member #

I have a 2010 Nissan D40 Navara as I am in Australia and I have a love hate relationship with it :disappointed: :disappointed:

It has a 2.5 litre turbo diesel with an automatic gearbox and I am on my second gearbox.

I have had some serious mechanical issues with it but it has also been one of the best off road vehicles I have driven but then I never have much luck with vehicles.

I have spent a lot on money on customising it to where I want it to be and if I was to sell I would never get my money back so I have decided to keep it and when the motor dies I will replace the motor with something better (not sure yet with what).

Look forward to watching your build.

Karl

thewayhomeadventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Service Branch
Army / CIA
I have a 2010 Nissan D40 Navara as I am in Australia and I have a love hate relationship with it :disappointed: :disappointed:

It has a 2.5 litre turbo diesel with an automatic gearbox and I am on my second gearbox.

I have had some serious mechanical issues with it but it has also been one of the best off road vehicles I have driven but then I never have much luck with vehicles.

I have spent a lot on money on customising it to where I want it to be and if I was to sell I would never get my money back so I have decided to keep it and when the motor dies I will replace the motor with something better (not sure yet with what).

Look forward to watching your build.

Karl
Karl,

Thanks! I always drool over pictures of those Navaras. I’ve never seen one/ been in one in person. Sorry to hear about your mechanical issues with it—I would imagine driving around the outback is unforgiving.

I’m new here on OB, look forward to sharing and learning from you guys, especially those with Nissans.

Matt

thewayhomeadventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Service Branch
Army / CIA
Added the Outpost sidebars and the maxtrax mount. Came out ok but unfortunately my Outpost posts are not far enough apart to make the maxtrax work as designed. I’m out of room on my bed tracks that the rack is mounted into so there isn’t a quick/easy solution. That said...just having the tie downs from the maxtrax mount and they seem to be holding solid. I drove around for a day and the maxtrax feel secure.
E5FCFE91-162B-483D-A703-4E05FE272D94.jpeg

thewayhomeadventures

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Leesburg, VA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Williams
Member #