SwannyJ

Rank 0

Contributor I

New Mexico
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Swann
New to the forum, and over the last 12 months I’ve been an avid viewer. Bought my first Wrangler with the intent to turn it into an over landing vehicle for camping, hunting, and fishing adventures with my three boys and my wife. Gosh I had no idea that this would suck up so much time, effort, and money lol. The memories I’ve made with my family have made it all worth it. When I purchased it the previous owner had installed an OME heavy lift kit on it. Since then I’ve...
  1. Swapped to Black Rhino Barstow + BFG KM3’s
  2. Falcon Shocks
  3. Front Runner rack + shelf + table + tailgate table + cargo storage rack + Awning + other accessories
  4. GOFSR 80” High Country
  5. Go Rhino front and rear stubby bumpers with smitty winch
  6. Smittybilt fenders + rock sliders + overhead rack
  7. Vector bar + SPod + 4FRO square LEDs + 52” Light bar
  8. Genesis dual battery setup
  9. Blue Ridge tire bag + attic
    1FCC372D-EB97-4ED8-9508-CEB749FD8D48.jpegEF386E30-3CBA-4736-B90C-2A83DD573A28.jpeg
    F861C71A-D796-41F9-989E-6B6890CA1121.jpeg

Turnerxc

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

Midlothian, VA, USA
First Name
Brad
Last Name
Turner
Member #

Nice build! I have a 2017 JKU Smoky Mountain Edition. I’ve gone a little BROG bag crazy but definitely love having the attic in there now. How do you like the Vector Off-road bar? Here’s a pic from a day trip a few months ago

Attachments

JnP’s Overland

Rank 0
Launch Member

Contributor II

Smyer Texas
First Name
James
Last Name
Harding
Member #

I live so close to Smyer! Do you ever go to Caprock Canyons?
No I usually go to New Mexico or Colorado.
We went to Palo Duro State Park this year to do a test run. Was plan on going to OverlandExpo in May but it got pushed back to July now.

SwannyJ

Rank 0

Contributor I

New Mexico
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Swann
Nice build! I have a 2017 JKU Smoky Mountain Edition. I’ve gone a little BROG bag crazy but definitely love having the attic in there now. How do you like the Vector Off-road bar? Here’s a pic from a day trip a few months ago
I’ve really enjoyed it. Put it on last June and it’s never rattled once. Plus everything mounts to it

Reactions: Turnerxc

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

We live in downtown Lubbock and go out to Caprock Canyon with my dog to get away. Love seeing the Buffalo out there. Have hiked out past the primitive sites in the south fork and run into a few. No issues other than my dog asking WTF dad?

My 2017 JKU Winter Edition with AEV lift, AEV Saltas, Kenda Klever 35/10.5/17's, EAG roof rack and way to much other stuff my wife doesnt know I bought! When this is all over, I'll be hosting a M&G here in Lubbock for all the West Texas and New Mexico folks.

20200213_172503_HDR_edited.jpg

MazeVX

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Gießen Germany
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Kreicker
Member #

Hey @SwannyJ how's the smittybilt overhead thing working with the hardtop? Often read its softtop only?
Nice jku!

USStrongman

Rank V

Influencer II

Lubbock, TX, USA
First Name
Bryan
Last Name
Hildebrand
Member #

That's why I went with the EAG 3/4 rack. It was designed for the JK but allows me to take the panels off easily with the rack in place. WIfe wanted to be able to take the tops off.

We are going the trailer route. I am 305lbs and my dog is 170+. No RTT's for us!

My rig is nearing completion. Just added wider Fishbone steps for my 5'1" wife. Changing my AEV springs for Metalcloak Overlanding springs to better handle the trailer. Added Rotopax fuel and water on the tailgate. Getting too old to store it on the roof plus improves balance due to moving 50'ish pounds several feet lower. AEV snorkel goes on next week as well.

Reactions: SwannyJ