Rank I
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Oklahoma City, OK
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Seymour
Absolutely. Lot of decisions to weigh. Sometimes I wish I had a simpler XLT or Lariat as a baseline build but all the creature comforts sure are nice on long drives. Mine is 3.5L turbo also. I’ll check out Brad’s build! Thanks for suggestion. Keep me posted as you weigh options! Here’s a picture of my current set up with my bike rack on the back.

Attachments

Reactions: mjherron

mjherron

Rank V

Member III

Smithville, Missouri, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Herron
Member #

Absolutely. Lot of decisions to weigh. Sometimes I wish I had a simpler XLT or Lariat as a baseline build but all the creature comforts sure are nice on long drives. Mine is 3.5L turbo also. I’ll check out Brad’s build! Thanks for suggestion. Keep me posted as you weigh options! Here’s a picture of my current set up with my bike rack on the back.
Nice rig!!

blebars

Rank 0

Contributor I

Bay Area, CA, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
LeBars
Have you checked out Brad-F150’s setup? KBVoodoo bed rack with an iKamper tent. Thought about bumpers to, but with the tech package there a lot of moving to be done and I have the 3.5 Ecoboost. Love the engine but a lot to deal with the intercooler.
Agreed! Adding anything with the inter cooler is a challenge. Winch, bumper etc. I'm kicking around bumpers now from ADD.

Watch how much weight is added with tents and bed racks without changing out to Deaver leaf springs. The factory ones with blocks ride bad with my set up. New HD Deaver leafs are next on my truck.

Cheers.

Reactions: mjherron

mjherron

Rank V

Member III

Smithville, Missouri, USA
First Name
Mark
Last Name
Herron
Member #

Agreed! Adding anything with the inter cooler is a challenge. Winch, bumper etc. I'm kicking around bumpers now from ADD.

Watch how much weight is added with tents and bed racks without changing out to Deaver leaf springs. The factory ones with blocks ride bad with my set up. New HD Deaver leafs are next on my truck.

Cheers.
Nice rig blebars!