Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
I have the gas V6, regeared to 4.10s and the Trifecta tune, hi flow air filter and a super 50 muffler from Flowmaster. Ext cab is about 400lbs lighter than the crew cabs so I'm up to CC weights with winch, swingout and plates. I bought the AEV skid direct from AEV.

TexasColoRADo

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Midland, Texas, USA
First Name
Samuel
Last Name
Melendez
Member #

It was my understanding with the Bison transmission skid, the biggest worries from GM were overheating the transmission and leaves/debris getting caught up in there and catching on fire. They didn't include it on the production vehicles even though AEV came up with a design (the open tubes) that should of stymied their concerns, but I guess the lawyers won out. That transmission skid, you have to purchase aftermarket through AEV or one of it's dealers, GM doesn't seem to be offering as an accessory as they are now doing with the AEV snorkel.
The open tube design should eliminate that risk in theory. I haven’t seen anything about the transmission skid causing problems but I also don’t want to risk my transmission overheating out in this heat. I’m wondering if an AEV transmission skid would work with the rest of the SuperSkidz setup

Reactions: JButtress

TexasColoRADo

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Midland, Texas, USA
First Name
Samuel
Last Name
Melendez
Member #

I have the gas V6, regeared to 4.10s and the Trifecta tune, hi flow air filter and a super 50 muffler from Flowmaster. Ext cab is about 400lbs lighter than the crew cabs so I'm up to CC weights with winch, swingout and plates. I bought the AEV skid direct from AEV.
You’ve got your rig set up! That’s awesome. I wish I could delete mine already but with the problems I’ve had so far, I’m trying to do anything to avoid voiding my warranty