2016 Toyota Tundra Multi Phase Build

• HTML tutorial

CFTAdventures

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Falling Waters, WV
Member #

More changes the last few days. ARB Summit Bumper, Warn Platinum Zeon 10.5k and ARB Intensity Spot with an Intensity Combo on back order.

View attachment 91437

View attachment 91438

View attachment 91439

New Method Racing wheels and Nitto Ridge Grapplers going on next Thursday. Drop down slide out and fridge going in tomorrow. Leaving week from Sunday for 6 days of wheeling and surf fishing on the Outer Banks of NC. Also take the ferry over to Ocracoke and Portsmouth Islands.
Build is coming together great! What size tire you going with?

CFTAdventures

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Falling Waters, WV
Member #

Has any Tundra owners on here gone to a big brake kit upgrade yet?

I’m going through new rotors and pads every 6-8months with the 37s but from what I have priced out looking at $4-6K for front and rear.

trikebubble

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Penticton, BC
Member #

Has any Tundra owners on here gone to a big brake kit upgrade yet?

I’m going through new rotors and pads every 6-8months with the 37s but from what I have priced out looking at $4-6K for front and rear.
I thought the big brake kit only works with 20" wheels? I may be mistaken though.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
Current Modifications:

Exterior:
A.R.E CX HD Series Truck Cap
Warrior Roof Rack
TRD PRO Front Bumper
Color Matched Hood Bulge
Color Matched Bumper End Caps and Lower Valence
Color Matched Mirror Caps and Door Handles
LUND Fender Flares
N-Fab Nerf Bar
RC Bull Bar
RCI Full Under Body skid plates

Recovery:
Front and Rear ARB Air Lockers
Max traxx
ARB Air jack
High lift

Suspension:
BDS 7" Lift Kit
7" Fox 2.5 Coil Overs with Piggy back reservoir
Icon upper control Arms
Icon 2.5 piggy back shocks w/ CDC
Dakar Leaf Pack w/ add a leaf
Boss Triple Bag air suspension

Wheels and Tires:
Fuel Anza 18x9 in Gun Metal
Nitto Ridge Grapplers 37x12.5R18

Lighting:
Rigid Fog Light kit w/ mounting kit
30" RC Light bar in the lower Valence
40" RC Light bar in Hood Bulge/ SDHQ mounting kit
50" RC Light Bar on Roof Rack
6 x 8" RC Perimeter Lights
8 x 2" RC rock lights
2 x 4" RC reverse lights in Rear Bumper
12" Light bar inside Truck Cap

Communication:
Midland MXT 115 GRMS Radio
Cobra CB Radio
Delorme Explorer GPS
Ipad w/ Garmin and Hema Maps

Engine/performance and Electrical:
4.88 Nitro Gears
K&N Cold Air Intake
EBC heavy duty brake pads and drilled and slotted rotors
Hyper tech speedometer chip
Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust
National Luna Dual Battery Solenoid
National Lune Dual Battery Controller
3 x Interstate 110 Amp Hour Batteries
NOCO Genius Battery Charger
Blue Sea 12 Fuse Block
2 x 50 Amp Circuit Breaker
6x Blue Sea USB Ports
3x Blue Sea 12 volt ports
Switch Panel
1000 watt Inverter

Camping and Storage:
CVT MT Shasta Tent
Go Rhino Foxing Awning
DECKED Storage system
ESP Under Seat Storage
Dometic 55L Fridge/Freezer
Dometic Fridge Slide
Front Runner 17.7 Water Tank
SURFLO Water Pump

So I am pretty late in putting this Build Thread together but better late then never! Bought a 2016 Toyota Tundra 1794 4x4 in November 30 2015, stayed stock for about 5 days before adding the first round of modifications.

View attachment 31264

First up was a BDS 3/2 leveling Kit, Lund Fender flares, Fuel Anza 18x9, Falken Wildpeak 35x12.5, Rhino nerf bar, LED Interior and Exterior Light Conversion, K&N Cold Air Intake, Flow Master Outlaw Exhaust.

View attachment 31273

Truck Sat like this for about 5 months before I decided to upgrade the suspension. I went with a BDS 4 1/2 Coil Overs up front and Fox 2.0 Rear Shocks. Also aded in a set of Dakar Leaf Spring pack. I had to start getting rid of the chrome so we went with the TRD Pro Front Grill , Color Matched Hood Bulge , Color Matched Door Handles and Mirror Caps. Decided to put in a 40" light bar in the Hood Bulge as well as a 30" light bar in the lower bumper cover. Bull Bar went on as well.

View attachment 31274

View attachment 31275

We have a 2015 4 Runner Limited and the one main difference between these two vehicles stock is the JBL in the 4Runner is amazing and the one in the Tundra is a Joke. So I sucked it up and dropped in a custom sound system with 2 x 10's behind the seat, Also added in a ARB air Compressor , ARB Diff Breathers, a Rear third brake light and some additional reverse lights.

View attachment 31276

View attachment 31277

Truck sat with this set up for about 6 months before we decided we wanted to clean up the front end a bit
( with 35's we had to trim the front fender and remove the inner fender panel, replaced everything!) So we decided to go with a 7" Fox 2.5 coil over in the front and a Icon 2.5 Piggy Back CDC in the rear,. We also added in a leaf to help with the weight of the RTT and Camping gear (using the front runner load bars). We also threw on a new set of Nitto Ridge Grapplers 35x12.5 .We also decided to get a color matched lower bumper valance as well as color matched bumper end caps and put in a CB Radio ( and PA cause its fun).

View attachment 31284

View attachment 31286

Truck Sat this way for about 5 months until our most recent round of modifications. We wanted to take the next step into the "overland" build and decided to really sit down and plan out what would make our lives more convenient while out on the trail and while camping.

Started with the cargo management, We decided to go with a A.R.E CX Series HD Cap (Includes interior cage 800lb moving limit) , a Decked Draw system and a ESP under seat storage. These modifications alone were Amazing , Everything was organized and had its place! ( My wife says I am a little OCD ).

View attachment 31288

View attachment 31290
Next was Power Management , We are running the National Luna Dual Battery System on the truck but for the house battery we have two 110 Amp hour batteries running parallel. This is powering our Control panel which houses Our light switches , 8 x USB ports, 4x 12 Volt Ports, the Fridge, water pump and a 1000 watt inverter.

I wanted to split the inverter so we are running two set ups one power wire going to a circuit breaker then to a fuse block then to the inverter. The other power wire is going to a circuit breaker , fuse block then the switch panel. We are also running a drip charger so that the night before a trip I can top off the batteries before we hit the road, also nice to be able to plug in on the road as well.

View attachment 31291

We also tackled the water system at the same time, we installed a 17.7 gallon water tank from front runner being run by a Sureflo Water pump. We have it terminated with a shower head which has come in handy for washing off. You can also see where we mounted our Maxtrax's!

View attachment 31293

The next step was the roof rack, This is the one aspect I spent less then I should of , we went with a Warrior rack and I should have gone with a front runner. It would of made mounting the accessories so much easier! On the rack we have our CVT Mt Shasta Tent as well as a Rhino Fox wing awning. Maybe its just me but I love LED lights so we decided to put a few more lights on the truck! We went with 6 x 8" LED lights as Perimeter lights as well as 8 Rock lights. These Rock lights are great for camping! It provides ample light and is down low so it does not bother everyone at camp. I also added on a 50" light bar as well.......

View attachment 31295

View attachment 31296

View attachment 31297

Lastly we have our Navigation and Communication, We are currently running a Midland MXT 115 Radio , Cobra CB Radio ,Delorme Explorer GPS and our iPad for Maps. iPad is mounted with a RAM Mount and its working our great for us!

View attachment 31298

View attachment 31300

We have only gotten out on a couple trips with the current set up and love it! Already have plans for the next phase! Picture out on SkyLine Drive on our most recent trip!

View attachment 31303

Here is a list of things to come!

4.88 Gears!! ( This is a must with the added weight!)
Front and Rear ARB Air Lockers
White Knuckle Sliders
RCI Trans and Fuel Tank skid plates

The Rear is sagging about 1 1/2 over the front when fully loaded, I can't add Shackles because it will hit the exhaust, I don't want to add blocks because of the axle wrap.....which leaves me with the potential of putting on a custom set of Air Bags...We will see.

Ill keep updating as the mods go on!
Now you’ve got mods!

darthyota

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

EBC Drilled and Slotted Rotors and Their Orange heavy duty pads
How many miles are you doing in those 6-8months? A BBK isnt going to makes your pads and rotors last longer, just make your break package more fade resistant. I know on my Raptor with my current pad selection i could probably do rotors every year and pads every 2 but they're super aggressive pads and I can lock up my 37s from any speed. Other then rotor life the downsides to my pad selection is that they dust like a mofo and squeal like a banshee once their up to temp.

Scout

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Jamestown,NY
Member #

2016 SR5.. What it was when I bought it to what it is now.. I built the custom topper and all the "modular" racking, I had Amish sew the canvas. there is a DECKED drawer system in the 6.5' bed. Sitting on 275/18 Cooper ST Maxx tires and Bilstein 5100's. Overland Pros 2500, 8.5'' 270* awning. Tyger step bars {but are impressive enough to be sliders}, installed the hood mounted ditch lights about a month ago.. Plan on getting an SSO Slimline front winch bumper.. Not sure about the rear yet. Will be mounting XBull track boards to the roof rack by this weekend. Also a swing out bracket for 5 gallon solar shower bag. You see the RotoPax but I plan on ordering the bigger ones for more capacity. Its a slow build in progress but I'm getting there..

Attachments