2016 Rhino Rubicon Build

• HTML tutorial

GreggNY

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Westchester County, NY
Member #

IMG_7868.JPG So I'm pretty far along into this build but decided to finally make a build thread to show the progress. I purchased this '16 JKUR in the color Rhino last month and immediately got to work ordering parts. This is my second rubicon and I pretty much knew where I wanted to go with this build from day 1. I was looking for as base of a rubicon as I could find and my only real necessity was a manual trans. So I found a leftover new 2016 with only the connectivity package and hard top. Perfect. Here's the rig after the test drive and waiting to be driven home.

Last edited:
Reactions: ASNOBODY

GreggNY

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Westchester County, NY
Member #

And then a hefty credit card bill started accumulating:

-AEV 3.5" SC lift kit
-ATX Cornice 17" wheels
-Cooper STT PROs in 37x12.5x17
-Evo hinged rear tire carrier
-Evo rotopax mount
-Evo rear bumper fascia
-Adams 1310 front driveshaft

And probably some small parts that I'm forgetting right now.

Last edited:
Reactions: RootedWanderers

GreggNY

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Westchester County, NY
Member #

Spent some time installing the Evo rear bumper fascia and tire carrier. The carrier feels real solid and has no problem holding a factory tire for now. DTD only had 4 of my wheels in stock so waiting on the 5th to arrive.
IMG_8199.JPG

Reactions: ASNOBODY

GreggNY

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Westchester County, NY
Member #

Next up was the Adams driveshaft install. I was a little nervous about this after reading some guys having issues with aftermarket shafts being out of balance. This one went in real easy though and the jeep is driving great. No extra noise, vibration, etc
IMG_8222.JPG

Reactions: MazeVX and ASNOBODY

GreggNY

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Westchester County, NY
Member #

Hopefully this wasn't too much of a photobomb of pics at once but have been meaning to get this thread in the works. Now that I can take a break from working on it, I need to get out and use the rig...

brien

Sonoran Space Program
Staff member

Off-Road Ranger I

Tucson, AZ
First Name
Brien
Last Name
Wankel
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7XPO
Looking good!

L3TT3RS

Rank 0

Traveler I

quadratec sells a kit that has caps that you can put on the front part of the bumper if you want to "finish" it out.
looks great. jks are awseom that you can run a 2.5 inch lift and run 37 inch tires.
any plans on regearing etc?

GreggNY

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Westchester County, NY
Member #

quadratec sells a kit that has caps that you can put on the front part of the bumper if you want to "finish" it out.
looks great. jks are awseom that you can run a 2.5 inch lift and run 37 inch tires.
any plans on regearing etc?
Thanks. I had the rugged ridge caps on my last jeep. I decided to just chop it this time and put the $100 towards a new bumper soon instead of running the caps in the meantime. This is a 3.5" lift but I got a little more height than that since I'm running the jeep pretty light. I'll definitely regear down the line and maybe do a full new axle up front at the same time. For now, it's not terrible with the stock 4.10s and manual trans.

anabolicapple

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Member #

Hi there Gregg. Looks like you're building a cool rig there. Would love to go wheeling sometime. I'm over in Ridgefield, CT. I'm on my first Jeep, some mods I've made, some mistakes too ;-)
Great pics...