2016 JKU Willys with lots of mods.

• HTML tutorial

AlOrMi

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Kennesaw, Georgia
Member #

Hi all, My wife Alexa and I have been members for a while but never introduced ourselves. We have both done quite a bit of backpacking, canoe and kayak camping, raced cars long time ago, and I have been bike packing on occasion for the last 4 years but Overlanding in a Jeep is all new to us, so we decided to go full steam and build our rig. Any advice is appreciated. We are rookies in all aspects of wheeling, and off-road vehicle travel so we are willing to listen and learn from you all. Attached are a few pics of the rig and our work shop garage. Plans are to set out in mid- September on a 6 week Overland trip from Atlanta to Colorado, Utah (3 parks), Grand Canyon, Yosemite, Redwoods, Cannon Bch, Or., Yellowstone, etc. We hope to meet some of you along the way.

Sent from my Pixel XL using OB Talk mobile app

Ryan Matthes

OB Ambassador
Supporter +
Investor

Explorer I

Chapel Hill, NC
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Matthes
Member #

Awesome build out - love the kitchen organization and I am going to see if I can my axe mounted on my JKU tailgate now.

Let me know if / when you come out Westerly. I'm in Northern NM and close to CO

Reactions: Moriarty and AlOrMi

d2 rover

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

north plains or
Member #

Looks good my advice is to find a local jeep or 4x4 club and get some practice on the trails around people that are experienced I have seen a lot of people get in trouble and break things because they bought a 4x4 and thought they could Conquer any thing not saying that is you just my advice

Sent from my SM-G950U using OB Talk mobile app

AlOrMi

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Kennesaw, Georgia
Member #

Thanks d2 rover, we have been working on our skills in the North Georgia Mnts. We did some off-road technical driving in Aruba last year, and rented a Razor in Moab for a couple of days as well. I'm also teaching my wife how to use all the recovery gear. Right now we have more common sense than skills but we're working on the skills part. BTW, I'm a safety director and trainer for a construction company, so I understand what you are telling me. Thanks....

Reactions: Moriarty

AlOrMi

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Kennesaw, Georgia
Member #

Off and on-road. Helwig adjustable sway bars, Metal Cloak 2.5" progressive rate springs (Overland Elite kit corrects suspension geometry), and Koni shocks makes for much improved handling, and manueverabily. As an added bonus, ride quality improved as well.

Reactions: Moriarty