2016 Jeep Patriot Sport FDII

• HTML tutorial

Pap SJ

Rank 0

Traveler I

Are you currently looking into any suspension upgrades and/or offroad tire upgrades? I think Skyjacker or a similar company went into making suspension parts for the new Renegades, so I would think that they would also carry Patriot parts as well. Maybe look into some underside armor as well!

TrailHawkZ71

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Howard-Dale
Member #

Are you currently looking into any suspension upgrades and/or offroad tire upgrades? I think Skyjacker or a similar company went into making suspension parts for the new Renegades, so I would think that they would also carry Patriot parts as well. Maybe look into some underside armor as well!
Possibly doing one of two lifts for it. I have KO2s planned and coming up in the near future (225/65r17). In terms of armor, my Patriot came factory with the best skid plates you can get for it (OE steel plates for the engine and fuel tank). Also planning on getting RRO superslider rock rails

Sent from my XT1585 using OB Talk mobile app

Last edited:
Reactions: NorCalGoldhound

TrailHawkZ71

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Howard-Dale
Member #

Ordered tires tonight (or this morning?). Should be here Friday. Yokohama A/T GO15s, 225/65R17. Was gonna go with KO2s, but 75% of my driving in the Jeep is on-road, so I don't think the heavy BFGs would be a good choice, especially considering how underpowered the Patriot is already. So, I decided on a good in-between.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Longshot270

Rank V
Launch Member

Experimenter I

DFW, TX
First Name
Colby
Last Name
M
Member #

The KO2s didn't hurt my patriot (FDI) much. The jeep didn't have acceleration to begin with so "slower" is difficult to gauge, no numbers. I do have numbers for cruising rpm and mileage. For mileage, unloaded I was typically getting 22 mpg, now I regularly get 23.

The tires introduced 6% error in the odometer/speedometer.

Haven't been able to make enough camping trips with the trailer to accurately gauge towing mileage, but the jeep's shifting behavior has improved. Mileage may be better, it may be worse, I dunno yet.

Last edited:

TrailHawkZ71

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Howard-Dale
Member #

My FD2 regularly gets 18mpg everywhere. So it's already kinda crappy for what it is, didnt wanna hurt it too bad lol

TrailHawkZ71

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Howard-Dale
Member #

Went up to Wheelers Pass today with my dad and dog.. Well, almost to there. Hit snow, which wasnt a big deal, but it was melting and starting to ice, so had to turn around maybe 1/2 mile from the summit. Oh well, maybe next time

It was washed out a lot from the recent rainfall we've had, so it definitely pushed the Patriot to it's limits.

Ran into a couple guys up there, one was with his SO in their Suburban, the other guy was in his stock Wrangler. Suburban turned around after getting stuck in a snow drift, Wrangler and I kept going until the snow was glazing over
This was me after I made it past the drift that got the Suburban. Have a video of it, not sure if you can put vids on here though. What you cant see is that where most of these pics were taken, the trail was at about a 10 degree incline

Was a fun trip though. Left with brand new desert pinstriping, mud on the new tires, a new buddy to possibly go wheeling with (the guy in the Wrangler), and my skeptical father thoroughly impressed with the offroad prowess of the Jeep Patriot

TrailHawkZ71

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Howard-Dale
Member #

After today, my next mod is definitely going to be rock sliders. Slammed the side and bottom of my Jeep against more than one big rock

Reactions: Glenn

TrailHawkZ71

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Howard-Dale
Member #

Skid plates too. With the lower clearance you want to protect the belly. Rocks are unforgiving.
Already has them. Came from factory with steel skid plates for the vulnerable areas (engine/trans and the fuel tank)

TrailHawkZ71

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Howard-Dale
Member #

Been almost a year, but I have some updates. Been exploring some, got Rugged Ridge liners, a flashlight and CB radio mounted, along with a K&N intake

Reactions: Jimmy P

TrailHawkZ71

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Las Vegas, NV
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Howard-Dale
Member #

Well, 2722 has changed to a new rig. This past weekend I traded the Patriot in for a 2020 Cherokee Trailhawk. After a few short trips I quickly discovered that I needed more room and cargo capacity, and I sadly couldn't afford to keep the Patriot.

Attachments