Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

This is very cool and I like it! (photos and information from http://blog.caranddriver.com/adventure-time-the-hyundai-tucson-adventuremobile-is-a-rad-way-to-get-away-from-it-all/ )

"Teaming with Southern California customizer John Pangilinan, Hyundai dropped this green hunk of raditude at the 2015 SEMA show. Based on the compact Hyundai Tucson, the “Adventuremobile,” as it’s been dubbed, uses its upgrades to fantastic effect.

Aesthetically, this little crossover has it right. Painted in army green—a shade too often ignored in OEM color palettes, we gotta say—with a 1.5-inch suspension lift and big-lugged 265/65 Toyo Open Country tires on 17-inch black Rays Gram Lights 57DR wheels, the Tucson Adventuremobile looks ready to scrabble its way to the remote outpost of your dreams. It also sports Thule roof-rack mounts and bars, Rigid Industries LED lighting, a roof-mounted Treeline tent, and a solar panel to power whatever you’ve got without running the engine.

The 1.6-liter turbocharged four-cylinder gets an intake and charge pipe from AEM, and now exhales through a Magnaflow exhaust. The brakes are upgraded via a Wilwood kit, as well. The exterior mods are rounded out by a bull bar and side steps from Aries, while the interior gets Katzkin custom leather, army green seat belts, a TruckVault storage setup in the cargo area, a massively upgraded sound system from Scosche and Clarion, and a few odds and ends you’ll want if you’re out in the wilderness, such as a battery recharger, portable phone charger, portable lights, and a portable solar generator."

I might even do something like this with my car once it's paid off.

Young Satchel

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Really not a fan of Hyundai, but I gotta say I'm kinda feeling this! Reminds me in concept (not looks) of the SEMA build Volvo did for the XC70 years ago that is--in part--the basis for my build.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Bates City, MO, USA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Heiser
Member #

My wife owns a 2011 Tucson and it's been the most reliable vehicle we have ever had.. I showed her this article and told her we should start working on turning her Tucson into an adventuremobile haha...

Reactions: Joey83

Joey83

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Sandnes, Norway
First Name
Joachim
Last Name
Sandven
Member #

My wife owns a 2011 Tucson and it's been the most reliable vehicle we have ever had.. I showed her this article and told her we should start working on turning her Tucson into an adventuremobile haha...
Go for it! (and keep us posted)

I would like to test mine at some point, but there are no gravel/dirt roads where I live.