Rank II

Member I

Northern California
First Name
Brandon
Last Name
Netz
Member #

Very nice Jeep. Im thinking of removing my front fascia. Do you mind sharing how you dealt with the fender liner when you removed yours?

GPsGeeps

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Very nice Jeep. Im thinking of removing my front fascia. Do you mind sharing how you dealt with the fender liner when you removed yours?
Thanks! I have the lower front guard from Chief Products. The wheel liner tucks right into it. You can also zip tie to the guard for extra precaution. In hindsight I wish I'd have done that. After moving up to 32's, I wore a hole on each side near the front of the tire. I think the liner got pushed towards the tire during a deep water crossing and then rubbed before I could notice it.

Meta6981

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

Dewey, AZ
First Name
Trevor
Last Name
Emerdinger
Member #

At this point I had a few more mods I wanted to do. But I had taken her out on a few trails and was pretty happy with the vehicle. But then through googling and talking to a few people I discovered this new to me term called "Overlanding". So I found inspiring sites like this and then the mod bug really got me.

It was Black Friday and there was a great deal on a wifi only iPad Mini 2. So navigation became the next mod. I have it running MotionX GPS and getting GPS signal via bluetooth from a Bad Elf 2200 GPS Pro that I picked up on Amazon.
View attachment 47371 View attachment 47372 View attachment 47373

Followed immediately by comms...
View attachment 47374 View attachment 47375 View attachment 47376

To air up after hitting the trails, I was using one of those heavy duty battery jump packs that had a little air compressor built in to it. But it was really slow to fill up tires. And then I learned of a perfect spot to mount a small ARB compressor under the hood. So...
View attachment 47377 View attachment 47378

One of the most vulnerable parts of the WK2 out on the trail, unless you got the Trailhawk, are the side skirts. Since I could not source a set of Mopar rails, I went with sliders from Uneek4x4. They weren't the easiest to install. But that was my fault for having dull drill bits. But I love them and they have paid for themselves!
View attachment 47379 View attachment 47380
Where did you get the microphone mount that attaches to the center console? Love the build! Pretty much everything I have or will be doing to mine! Great thread!

Sent from my XT1650 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: GPsGeeps

GPsGeeps

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

A month or so ago, as I'm sitting in my garage, I happen to look over at my quad which I haven't even fired up in like 5-6 years. And I start lamenting over the fact that I installed these Warn lights on it and never even used them yet. And then I have the LIGHT BULB moment! Why not yank em off and try them as ditch lights on the WK2? What took me so long to think of that? Quickly ordered up some hood brackets and began removing all of the panels on the quad to get the wiring out. Have a slight miscue as a fuel line disconnects and leaks old stale fuel all over. Yuck! But the brackets arrive in a couple of days and bolt onto the hood mounts in nothing flat. Lights mount up in 1/2 of nothing flat. Wiring for the switch is about a foot short. No problem, off to auto parts store to pick up wiring and connectors. Just about done! Cut the spot in the dash next to the ARB compressor switch and fail to notice that there is a hard plastic panel directly behind the hole I cut. Nope. I'm finishing this. It's going right where I cut that hole! Where's my dremel? And after some careful cutting, she's done.

I don't know if these older HID lights that are meant for an atv will be any good. But I figure I'd at least try them since they were just collecting dust basically. And if they suck, it should be a snap to replace them.

IMG_2465.JPG IMG_2495.jpg IMG_2492b.jpg IMG_2493b.jpg

STOMPERWK2

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Solana Beach, CA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Riehl
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6ZBN
They look bright as all heck.....why not keep 'em. Looks like easy on/off if your not gonna be on the trail too. nice

Reactions: GPsGeeps

GPsGeeps

Rank IV

Enthusiast III

Decided to get a new ipad mount. The ipad was a little too heavy for the one I was using. So I got a ram mount that is secured by the passenger seat bolts. And it looks like I went overkill. I didn't realize how heavy duty the mount was. But at least I know the ipad will not be moving around AT ALL. Plus it has a swing arm and the height is adjustable.

image6.jpg image7.jpg image4.jpg

Phildirt

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate II

Decided to get a new ipad mount. The ipad was a little too heavy for the one I was using. So I got a ram mount that is secured by the passenger seat bolts. And it looks like I went overkill. I didn't realize how heavy duty the mount was. But at least I know the ipad will not be moving around AT ALL. Plus it has a swing arm and the height is adjustable.

View attachment 63082 View attachment 63083 View attachment 63084
That's nice! What app are you using for nav?