Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Marysville, OH, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Guthrie
Member #

Now I have a place for tools, camp chairs, table, and tent without taking away any floor space! I added the d-rings and straps to hold down a cooler and whatever else I dont want rolling around back there.

Attachments

Last edited:
Reactions: justinide

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Looks like everything’s coming along great! Be careful with that snatch strap. It’s rating is heavy for the Outback so it’s not going to stretch as much as you’d want in a recovery situation. In short... take it easy.

Stopped for a quick sunset picture over Alum Creek the other night. Not sure what kind of face my fiance is making haha!
View attachment 93093
At least it was just a face hahaha.

7D4DAAFB-9746-48DF-AEF7-FF12F44B620F.jpeg

bumpo83

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Marysville, OH, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Guthrie
Member #

Looks like everything’s coming along great! Be careful with that snatch strap. It’s rating is heavy for the Outback so it’s not going to stretch as much as you’d want in a recovery situation. In short... take it easy.

At least it was just a face hahaha.

View attachment 93105
HAHAHAHAHA I'm surprised she wasn't giving me the bird in my picture! Yeah, I was wondering about the snatch strap with the weight of my car. I had looked at Rhino tow/recovery strap but couldn't decide if that would be best. Still an option though as they are very affordable. I went with the ARB because for 1 the name and I just wanted to make sure that there was some stretch. The reviews I had read on the Rhino strap were mixed on if it would stretch or it wouldn't. What are you using? Also, you are running Rallitek overload springs on the back, correct? I am thinking of ordering the 0" front Ralliteks and 3/4" rear Rallitek springs. Hopefully the rear springs aren't to stiff like the King springs.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
HAHAHAHAHA I'm surprised she wasn't giving me the bird in my picture! Yeah, I was wondering about the snatch strap with the weight of my car. I had looked at Rhino tow/recovery strap but couldn't decide if that would be best. Still an option though as they are very affordable. I went with the ARB because for 1 the name and I just wanted to make sure that there was some stretch. The reviews I had read on the Rhino strap were mixed on if it would stretch or it wouldn't. What are you using? Also, you are running Rallitek overload springs on the back, correct? I am thinking of ordering the 0" front Ralliteks and 3/4" rear Rallitek springs. Hopefully the rear springs aren't to stiff like the King springs.
I started out with that same ARB snatch strap but after learning more about it from our Australian cousins I gave that to my brother for his Xterra. I replaced it with a...

Sidewinder Xtreme

Those convicts still consider that on the heavy side but I think its a good weight for the portly 5th gen haha. Another benefit is that kinetic ropes stretch more than straps. In the case of the two in question its 30% vs 20%.

They no longer make the front (essentially custom) or rear (Rallitek) springs I run but they are an 'overload' spring in the back. They do have a lower spring rate than Kings but they will still take time and abuse to settle in.

Reactions: bumpo83

Jeffrey Dill

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Greenville, SC, USA
First Name
Jeffrey
Last Name
Dill
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W4FOZ
Sold the ReadyLift kit I had and picked up the 2" Rallitek spacer lift! Got it installed and paired it with 17" Motegi mr118's and some Falken Wildpeak at3's! Pictures are with the lift installed and oem tires/wheels and another quick snap of the lift with new tires and wheels. I love how its starting to look! Next up, Rallitek springs and Primitive skid plates!

View attachment 88832View attachment 88833
Nice! Did you end up going with the 245/65R17s? If so, any fitment issues or rubbing?

itsrikka

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Vincennes, IN
First Name
Rikka
Last Name
Lee
Member #

Build looks good! I must have missed it, where did you get the drawer system? Those Motegis and the Wildpeaks are the perfect look on that OB.

bumpo83

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Marysville, OH, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Guthrie
Member #

Nice! Did you end up going with the 245/65R17s? If so, any fitment issues or rubbing?
Hey, sorry I'm just seeing this, life has been super crazy for me over the past few months..... I ended up going with the Rallitek 2" lift and 245/65r17 Wildpeak at3's. No fitment issues and I had very very minor rubbing on the front mudflaps when the wheels were fully turned while backing up. Removed the factory flaps and have had zero issues!

bumpo83

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Marysville, OH, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Guthrie
Member #

Build looks good! I must have missed it, where did you get the drawer system? Those Motegis and the Wildpeaks are the perfect look on that OB.
Thanks! I have been on a budget and have come to a stand still with the build. Getting married in September so all extra funds have been going to the wedding. The Motegis were very affordable and I love the look. As for the drawer, it's something I built myself. Took an afternoon, some wood glue, Kreg jig, and a table saw. Super easy and seems to work good for storage while still allowing me to have the open platform for bags, groceries, etc.

bumpo83

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Marysville, OH, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Guthrie
Member #

Some pics from late last fall on the Indian Gardens ORV route just north of Petoskey Michigan. New additions in the picture is the roof rack/basket and my deal of the year, a 30" Rigid E-series bar I scored for $50!

Attachments

bumpo83

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Marysville, OH, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Guthrie
Member #

Got the vehicle specific fog light kit from Diode Dynamics installed. I love their products. Also wired in some Harbor Freight rock lights for under the hood (great quality for HF). Attached some pics of the custom mounting bracket I made for the Rough Country MLC-6 universal light controller. Mounted the switches where the sunglasses holder would be. Seems to be a really solid setup for the money. Solves my auxiliary lighting wiring problems.
IMG_4507.jpgIMG_4533.jpgIMG_4536.jpgIMG_4537.jpgIMG_4540.jpg

DrockinWV

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Morgantown, WV
First Name
Derek
Last Name
Parsley
Member #