Enthusiast II

Chico, CA
First Name
Pablo
Last Name
Suarez
Member #

Hi everybody,
Member 0367 here, I joined last July but I never got a chance to put my emblem on my 2004 Toyota Tacoma and three months ago I did what you see in the picture below to it after sliding on black ice off Highway 32 pass Forest Ranch. Thankfully nobody was hurt just minor cuts and bruises. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago and now I have a 2015 Subaru Forester XT :) and I am liking it a lot!

I will update this thread as I modify it to fit my commuting and adventure needs!.......Stay tuned

image.jpg
image.jpg

psuarez

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Chico, CA
First Name
Pablo
Last Name
Suarez
Member #

Updated the wheels a week after I got it, they look great!

image.jpg image.jpg

psuarez

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Chico, CA
First Name
Pablo
Last Name
Suarez
Member #

Just today I put my emblem on and I think I might have to buy four more emblems for my wheels. The color of the emblem and wheels make it look awesome!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

Reactions: phil

psuarez

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Chico, CA
First Name
Pablo
Last Name
Suarez
Member #

I had the stock 18" wheels and tires, but now I have these:

Method Rally Wheels MR502
17x8 w/38mm offset

Cooper Discoverer A/T3
235/60/17

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
My wife has a 2016 Turbo White. It's a great car. I would seriously encourage folks looking for a good car for the family to check Subaru out. She had to get the Turbo of course. Hopefully when her first set of tires wears out I can convince her to get some meant a bit more for dirt.

Very likely the Cooper AT/3's. They have served me well on my FJ.

Reactions: psuarez

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
Hi everybody,
Member 0367 here, I joined last July but I never got a chance to put my emblem on my 2004 Toyota Tacoma and three months ago I did what you see in the picture below to it after sliding on black ice off Highway 32 pass Forest Ranch. Thankfully nobody was hurt just minor cuts and bruises. Fast forward to a couple weeks ago and now I have a 2015 Subaru Forester XT :) and I am liking it a lot!

I will update this thread as I modify it to fit my commuting and adventure needs!.......Stay tuned
That's rough!

We just got rid of my wife's 2015 Forester XT. Unfortunately it was a lemon (we are still big Subaru supporters). But listen, we went through a terrible time with them so if your car is surging or bucking on acceleration, or engine cuts out during cruising, take it to your dealer and tell them. Ours started in late 2015 and we had 3 different computer patches (partially completed update to the main computer) while they tried to come out with an update. It's officially been completed since and has apparently handled the issue. So you may ask if there's an update for your car. I don't want to scare you, but I think you should know. I also don't think that you will have issues to the degree that we did, but if you do, contact me and I'll go over the whole story with you. We documented absolutely everything.

Reactions: psuarez

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

The more I see these awesome subarus the more I want one. What kind of mileage do you see?

psuarez

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Chico, CA
First Name
Pablo
Last Name
Suarez
Member #

21 mpg around town and 25 on the highway going around 75mph

AdventureWithDanan

Local Expert, Florida USA
Investor

Pathfinder II

Safety Harbor, FL, USA
First Name
Danan
Last Name
Coleman
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W3AWD
Service Branch
CERT
The more I see these awesome subarus the more I want one. What kind of mileage do you see?
Yeah they are amazing cars! If you want a hatch-back I'd recommend the turbo Forester.

In all honesty if recommend the turbo model of any Subaru you get. Unless it's the Crosstrek, they don't come with a turbo :-(

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Nice pics @psuarez. What's next for your Suby?

In all honesty if recommend the turbo model of any Subaru you get. Unless it's the Crosstrek, they don't come with a turbo :-(
Sadly neither does the Outback :disrelieved: and I don't consider the circa 2006 3.6 to be a worthy option. Hell, I'd love the turbo diesel they get across the pond but in the meanwhile the NA 2.5 really isn't that bad.