2015 Silverado / 2009 M1101 Build Thread

• HTML tutorial

Dylan Cave

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Frisco, Texas
Member #

Tales of toy horror! So far, this vehicle has had about $5000 dollars of body damage done to it...by other people! In the latest round, the second repair to the rear window didn't take, and water was getting into the cabin.

You just have to take a deep, DEEP, breath and try to laugh about it.

The truck has well earned the name it was given, being that a friend had said you can't name a truck until you've finished building it...so naturally the truck that cannot be named is known as Voldemort.

Instagram: @dhcave

15frontier

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Easley, Sc
Member #

Do you have a power rear sliding window? If so use caution on days with extreme heat. Weve been having ALOT of issues up in the carolinas with 14-16 silverados specifically with power rear glass blowing out in high temps when all windows are up and a door is shut "hard" the pressure change causes the glass to throw in the towel. Personally blew out a back glass on a high country we had on the lot...

Reactions: Dylan Cave

Dylan Cave

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Frisco, Texas
Member #

Do you have a power rear sliding window? If so use caution on days with extreme heat. Weve been having ALOT of issues up in the carolinas with 14-16 silverados specifically with power rear glass blowing out in high temps when all windows are up and a door is shut "hard" the pressure change causes the glass to throw in the towel. Personally blew out a back glass on a high country we had on the lot...
I do have a sliding window. Thanks for the heads up, that's crazy!

Reactions: BigJoe1960

15Canyon

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Edmonton
Member #

Well, I recently put down a deposit on the parts for the upgrade to the 6" after learning that the 4" kit gave me less ground clearance than the vehicle had totally stock. Oh the agony...
Just wondering, how did the 4" kit give less ground clearance than stock? I'm probably missing something but I can't figure out what it is.

15frontier

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Easley, Sc
Member #

I do have a sliding window. Thanks for the heads up, that's crazy!

Dont raise to much concern just dont let anyone slam the doors in the summer haha. I think its a factory defect on SOME trucks. Maybe not all but ive seen it SEVERAL times on 14's and a time or two on newer ones. But you didnt hear this from me hahahaha

Dylan Cave

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Frisco, Texas
Member #

Just wondering, how did the 4" kit give less ground clearance than stock? I'm probably missing something but I can't figure out what it is.
Check out post #12 in this thread, I have a before and after shot there.

The cross members are different and the angles of the lower control arms was different. (It also rode horribly - think of the front end bouncing like a basketball).

15Canyon

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Edmonton
Member #

Check out post #12 in this thread, I have a before and after shot there.

The cross members are different and the angles of the lower control arms was different. (It also rode horribly - think of the front end bouncing like a basketball).
Now I see it, just missed it the first time. Basketball-like riding is definitely not what you want haha

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

Oh wow! Do you have a thread for the suburban!? I'd love to see it!!!

I do but I don't know how to link it or whatever...
Oh wow! Do you have a thread for the suburban!? I'd love to see it!!!

Rustyburbin from SoCal 5 kids, wife, dog and a 1970 K20 Suburban