2015 Silverado / 2009 M1101 Build Thread

• HTML tutorial

Dylan Cave

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Frisco, Texas
Member #

Truck looks awesome! were you able to fit a full size spare under there?
"Yes"

And very much in air quotes... I have an aftermarket diff cover that's a little larger than stock. In some situations it will likely hit the very outside edge of the tire. To compensate, I aired down the spare to 5 psi to make it as soft and squishy as possible. I have air helper springs, so I am at least able to keep the ride height elevated when loaded or towing.

I may live to regret this, but it's a risk I'm willing to take in order to prevent it being stolen from inside the truck bed.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Rusty burbin

805RADO

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Santa Ynez, CA, USA
First Name
Lost
Last Name
Sasquatch
Member #

"Yes"

And very much in air quotes... I have an aftermarket diff cover that's a little larger than stock. In some situations it will likely hit the very outside edge of the tire. To compensate, I aired down the spare to 5 psi to make it as soft and squishy as possible. I have air helper springs, so I am at least able to keep the ride height elevated when loaded or towing.

I may live to regret this, but it's a risk I'm willing to take in order to prevent it being stolen from inside the truck bed.

really cool! im sitting on the stock 31"s and once I wear them down going for 33"s hopefully if they will fit (maybe a little trimming). I have a 2.5" level. if I do go up in size thats a big concern of mine and where to put the spare...

Reactions: Dylan Cave

Dylan Cave

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Frisco, Texas
Member #

really cool! im sitting on the stock 31"s and once I wear them down going for 33"s hopefully if they will fit (maybe a little trimming). I have a 2.5" level. if I do go up in size thats a big concern of mine and where to put the spare...
My old 33" spare fit with zero issues.

Dylan Cave

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Frisco, Texas
Member #

In October I completed my second trip with Jake Quinones of New Mexico Backroads. If you're looking for a way to get way out there, he's highly recommended.

Here's a photo of the truck and trailer out in the Gila National Forest.

Next up, will be a custom winch mount behind the stock bumper, followed by a lifting rack for a RTT on the trailer.

Last edited:

Dylan Cave

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Frisco, Texas
Member #

I am highly interested in your hidden winch mount, I have a 2013 Tahoe and since its the same frame I would like to see your ideas.
Thanks
I’ve been doing some research and may end up going with this solution from Westin.

Westin Max Winch Tray - 46-23685

IMG_8440.jpg

Reactions: Jimmy P

George Elsaesser

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

El Paso, TX
First Name
George
Last Name
Elsaesser
Member #

In October I completed my second trip with Jake Quinones of New Mexico Backroads. If you're looking for a way to get way out there, he's highly recommended.

Here's a photo of the truck and trailer out in the Gila National Forest.

Next up, will be a custom winch mount behind the stock bumper, followed by a lifting rack for a RTT on the trailer.

Going on my first trip with Jake and NMBR in October. Looking forward to it.