2015 Jeep Renegade Build!

• HTML tutorial

XPlore

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Lomita
Member #

Since I am getting my first real mod soon, I decided to make a build thread!

2016-05-10 18.03.37.jpg 2016-05-10 18.03.45.jpg 2016-05-10 18.04.04-1.jpg 2016-05-10 18.04.13-1.jpg 2016-05-10 18.04.19.jpg 2016-05-10 18.04.28.jpg

Make: Jeep
Year: 2015
Model: Renegade
Trim: TrailHawk
Color: Anvil

Modifications

Lighting
-
Hella H13 High Performance Headlights
- Interior LED lights all around

Engine related
- K&N Air Filter

Future Plans
- New Springs from G-Force
- Sleeping platform in cargo area
- HAM/CB Setup
- More aggressive AT tires
- Custom Skidplates
- Work light setup

Currently waiting on a custom roof rack to be finished!

So far I have been to

Monache Meadows (Going through the trail with big boulders)
DSC05699.JPG

Anza Borrego
DSC06224.JPG

as well as most of Angeles National Forest and Frazier.

I plan to be spending a week in Lake Tahoe in few months!

Last edited by a moderator:

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

King County, Washington, United States
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

This is on the short list of what I may replace my KL with when the time comes. I'm very curious to see what you do with it, and how the 4x4 system works. Specifically, what does that "4WD Lock" button do. I was under the impression that the BU TH didn't have a locker like the KL does... If I'm mistaken, it just moved up a couple spots...

XPlore

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Lomita
Member #

This is on the short list of what I may replace my KL with when the time comes. I'm very curious to see what you do with it, and how the 4x4 system works. Specifically, what does that "4WD Lock" button do. I was under the impression that the BU TH didn't have a locker like the KL does... If I'm mistaken, it just moved up a couple spots...
The vehicle will drive mainly in FWD but when it detects slipping it will automatically kick in all 4 wheels. 4WD Lock just keeps it in 4x4. I also have 4low with an okay crawl ratio. I have heard a company is currently testing a rear locker for it! From what I have done so far, the 4wd system does a great job at sending power to each wheel but the vehicle will struggle on very slippery hills. There just isn't enough torque to get it up!

Reactions: Philbobagginz

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

The vehicle will drive mainly in FWD but when it detects slipping it will automatically kick in all 4 wheels. 4WD Lock just keeps it in 4x4. I also have 4low with an okay crawl ratio. I have heard a company is currently testing a rear locker for it! From what I have done so far, the 4wd system does a great job at sending power to each wheel but the vehicle will struggle on very slippery hills. There just isn't enough torque to get it up!
What's the difference between hitting the 4WD lock button, and putting it in to... Thinking about it, I like it. Why don't I have that on my KL?

Any time I would have something that small in a place where I might struggle, odds are, the beast of an XK would be close enough to render assistance.

a little lift and some KO2's would make that a little beast!

I think it's been moved to the top of the list!

XPlore

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

Lomita
Member #

What's the difference between hitting the 4WD lock button, and putting it in to... Thinking about it, I like it. Why don't I have that on my KL?

Any time I would have something that small in a place where I might struggle, odds are, the beast of an XK would be close enough to render assistance.

a little lift and some KO2's would make that a little beast!

I think it's been moved to the top of the list!
Hmmm is your KL part time 4WD? Once you engage it, it "locks" the transfer case into permanent 4wd. I am trying to find the video that explains it. Jeep calls it "Active Drive Low"

A lift and tires are definitely my priority, but my roof rack is already being prepped!

jdunk

Rank VI
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder II

First Name
Josh
Last Name
Duncan
Member #

It sounds similar to Active Drive - I on the non Trailhawk Cherokee's.

The only way to lock the KL in to full time 4WD is to put it into a "mode". Otherwise it shifts in and out as it feels.

when I find I want 4WD on due to driving on a gravel road or something, and don't want to to kick on and off, I usually just throw it in sport mode, and re-enable traction control to full. It makes things better.

Philbobagginz

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Brick, NJ
Member #

It could also be the tires. A buddy from the Off-Road club I'm in has a BU TH and he has taken up some pretty crazy hill climbs without any issues. Go check out @tri_state_overland on instagram, there is a video of it on there. Sweet rig btw!

laylow

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Colorado Springs
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Smith
Have you tried towing a trailer with your Renegade?
I have. I tow a little guy six wide with my 2017 Sport, 4x4, six speed manual, 1.4 turbo. Trailer is about 1400 pounds loaded. Does fine. Lack of lowend torque isn't awesome when starting on a hill, though.