Enthusiast II

Luling, TX, USA
First Name
Lloyd
Last Name
Wells
Member #

Howdy from Texas!

Since we just added our camper, we wanted to share our build so far. FYI, comments and suggestions are welcome!

2015 GMC Canyon All Terrain - Crew Cab - LWB - 3.6L V6

• Eibach Pro-Truck Lift (Stage 1) 3” Front & Rear
  • Rough Country 2” Leveling Kit
  • ReadyLift 2” Rear Blocks
  • Suspension Maxx Front Differential Drop (Stage 2)
  • Icon Delta Joint Upper Control Arms
  • Method MR701 - Bahia Blue 17x8.5 0
  • Cooper Discoverer AT3 XLT LT295/70R17
  • NFAB RKS Slider/Step System
  • NaoEvo Ditch Lights
  • Traveller 30” Light Bar
  • Expedition Essentials - CPAM - Powered Accessory Mount
  • RAM X Grip Phone Mount
  • RAM Tab-tite Tablet Holder
  • RAM Roto-View
  • X-Bull Traction Boards
  • OVRLND Camper (AF Model)
  • Bluetti AC50S 500WH Solar Generator
  • Massimo CX40 12V Portable E-Kooler
  • Pelican BX50 Cargo Case
  • Rotopax fuel can
  • Custom Spare Tire Carrier (by Cen-Tex Smokers)
  • Custom D-Ring Mounts (by @mk4.4rt)
  • Demco Towing Baseplate
  • Roadmaster 8700 Invisibrake Supplemental Braking System
  • Towed by/our Basecamp - 2019 Tiffin Allegro RED 37BA20210917_114520.jpg

Attachments

Towverlanding

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Luling, TX, USA
First Name
Lloyd
Last Name
Wells
Member #

Nice truck! GMC may have been monitoring your build. That might be why they cobbed together that OverlanX concept truck last month!
Thank you! And yeah, I saw that one in person at West a few weeks ago. Pretty sweet build, but my question is will they actually be able to pull it off? We'll see. And I told them that I should get first dibs on a prototype since they used mine as a model. Not holding my breath. Haha

Hulk

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Calgary, AB
First Name
Al
Last Name
Bruno
Member #

Looks amazing build buddy. I am thinking for my next build to do something similar. Well done

Reactions: Nbyapp

Towverlanding

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Luling, TX, USA
First Name
Lloyd
Last Name
Wells
Member #

Looks amazing build buddy. I am thinking for my next build to do something similar. Well done
Thank you so much! We are definitely enjoying it. And if you go in the direction of the OVRLND Camper, please let me know and I will get you hooked up with Jay and Matt. :)

Towverlanding

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Luling, TX, USA
First Name
Lloyd
Last Name
Wells
Member #

Talk to Deaver about some rear springs and ditch the spacers. I was on ZR2 two stage rear leafs with the AAL, Deavers made a significant improvement in the handling of the truck.
Great idea! Thanks for the tip. Was looking at doing something different in the back now that I added the camper. It's only 300lbs, but being back there all the time it does make a difference.

Towverlanding

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Luling, TX, USA
First Name
Lloyd
Last Name
Wells
Member #

Love it. How are you liking it a few years later? Want to order one of these campers
Loving it! Just wish the weather would cool off a bit so we could use it more. Give me a shout if you have specific questions, and if you do decide on OVRLND make sure you told them you saw my build (I promise they won't charge you double. Lol! I had LOTS of questions during my build. Haha)

Reactions: dirtnsmores

dirtnsmores

Rank II

Enthusiast III

southern california
First Name
Mike
Last Name
M
Loving it! Just wish the weather would cool off a bit so we could use it more. Give me a shout if you have specific questions, and if you do decide on OVRLND make sure you told them you saw my build (I promise they won't charge you double. Lol! I had LOTS of questions during my build. Haha)
Does it get super hot inside? Going to insulate, and order with side hatch slider windows on both sides along with the dual exhaust fan. Hoping to be able to keep my dog in there with the temperature monitored on my phone. Not on super hot days of course

Towverlanding

Rank III

Enthusiast II

Luling, TX, USA
First Name
Lloyd
Last Name
Wells
Member #

We really only have been out when it is pleasant outside, so I can't really say about heat. It is kind of a tin can though, so....