2015 Chevy Colorado

• HTML tutorial

Andrew24

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

GTA Ontario
Member #

in july 2015 i bought a brand spanking new chevy colorado z71 ext cab, with absolutely no intention of doing more than a 2" level and bigger tires. Certainly no plans of overlanding or wheeling it.

Oh how time has changed, starting with that 2" level from rough country i bought a set of kumho road venture at51's didnt like the way it sat so i put in a rear block. It sat like that for almost a year, until i found this site. The build had taken a turn at that point ordering a light bar for the grille, and ditch lights for even more remote back country vision. A 1.25 body lift (taboo i know) to attempt to clear 33's, biggest i could fit was a falken at3w at 32" due to my Bora spacers. Didnt take long after my first extended trip with 2 fellow OB members that i learned new shocks would be next on my list, much thought went into this. I flipped back and forth between bilstein, rancho and pro comp well, i am pleased to announce that i have purchased Fox 2.0 performance series IFP coil overs for the front and fox 2.0's for the rear, they should be on the truck within a couple of weeks!

On the interior i kept it very simple, regular 2 way radio (cb maybe in the future) and a cup holder mount for my ipad to act as GPS along with an old garmin nuvi, and of course paper maps.

Overall, im thrilled with this truck. aside from a couple small teething issues being a first year model its been awesome, cant wait to see what the fox shocks do to this thing!

IMG_1513.jpg IMG_0410.JPG IMG_0482.JPG 20171029_093949.jpg 20171029_150351.jpg 20170409_190345.jpg 20171028_160051.jpg

JDGreens

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Englewood Co.
Member #

Nice! I totally get the I was only intending to do this or that, but once you start exploring things change. I wish now when I bought my Ford F-150 I would have got a 4x4

Andrew24

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

GTA Ontario
Member #

well things change quickly, fox was on back order until january. With a less than stellar experience ordering the fox through 4 wheel parts the order was scrubbed. I have a set of eibach pro truck springs and shocks enroute, diff drop and sway bar relocation brackets on the way aswell. Things are likely to speed up a bit this winter planning on picking up 5 XD301 wheels, building a rear seat shelf to house my cooler and food for extended trips.

It also looks like ill be adding helper air bags in the rear before spring, which will add onboard air. Skid plates are on the short list aswell but due to limited funds allocated to the truck they are likely quite a ways out. A CB radio likely portable is also going to be added before spring

Numerous weekend, and longer trips are also now being planned aswell all things considered next summer is shaping up to be overland filled and very fun!

IMG_0525.JPG IMG_0510.JPG

alexneil

Rank I

Contributor III

Denver
@Andrew24 Which cupholder mount is that? I've been looking at cheapo Amazon ones or RAM. Need something to withstand being bounced around on the trails.

Andrew24

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

GTA Ontario
Member #

Finally got the Eibachs installed, ride quality was night and day so glad i went with them in the end. Lift totals are now aprox 4" up front and 2.25 in the rear. sits pretty level

hoping to add either a CB or VHF radio before spring as well as helper air bags in the rear potentially a topper and bed rug this summer.
If anyone has any suggestions or things i could do differently please feel free to chime in

20180120_123156.jpg 20180121_122232.jpg 20180121_120143.jpg

dolli310

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Halifax, NS
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Dollimont
Member #

The truck's looking nice. What made you decide on the Colorado over say a Tacoma or Frontier?
Also, how are the AT3Ws in the snow?

Andrew24

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

GTA Ontario
Member #

The truck's looking nice. What made you decide on the Colorado over say a Tacoma or Frontier?
Also, how are the AT3Ws in the snow?
the frontier was an 11 year old truck at the time, the tacoma i have always found to small inside. feels like the roof is right at my head and im not tall by any means. biggest deciding factors were price (family friend owns a chevy dealer) and ive always been fortunate with my chevy's

Reactions: dolli310

Andrew24

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

GTA Ontario
Member #

got to go out exploring this long weekend :D put some new wheels on the truck a few weeks ago lovin the look. ended up in algonquin park saturday afternoon 20180519_141414.jpg 20180519_141342.jpg 20180519_142431.jpg

great08

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elizabeth City, NC, USA
First Name
Martin
Last Name
Mitchell
Sweet looking truck! I just got a 18' Colorado Z71 back in March. Traded in my 05' Colorado with 232,000 mi on the odo for it.

About 5000 mi on it so far. One Cross country tow of around 4500lbs in a 6 x 12 Enclosed trailer.

These trucks awesome!!!

I should be easily able to pass it on to my 5yr old son when he gets older... I shall put it into teen driver mode though. lol

Watching for ideas...

Marty

Desert Runner

Rank VII
Launch Member

Expedition Master III

Southern Nevada
First Name
Jerold
Last Name
F.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
/GMRS=WREA307
I Love the streamlined look this truck has. The new Silverado and Ford offerings have become over the top The Colorado front fascia looks eloquent and streamlined . I wish Chevy would adopt this look for the Silverado. The Fords also are becoming too busy in their design.

I recently had to get a new Garmin, as my 1490 nuvi finally became unreliable due to the power opening not making solid contact. Bought a refurbished unit thru their Garmin store #51LMT-s, and love it so far. A lot of features, but you can adjust them in 'settings'

I would also like an adjustable shock for my truck, unfortunately they are out of my price range. I have Elka shocks on my King Quad, so i know what top tier offerings can do for suspensions.

Andrew24

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

GTA Ontario
Member #

I Love the streamlined look this truck has. The new Silverado and Ford offerings have become over the top The Colorado front fascia looks eloquent and streamlined . I wish Chevy would adopt this look for the Silverado. The Fords also are becoming too busy in their design.

I recently had to get a new Garmin, as my 1490 nuvi finally became unreliable due to the power opening not making solid contact. Bought a refurbished unit thru their Garmin store #51LMT-s, and love it so far. A lot of features, but you can adjust them in 'settings'

I would also like an adjustable shock for my truck, unfortunately they are out of my price range. I have Elka shocks on my King Quad, so i know what top tier offerings can do for suspensions.
these UCA's cost almost double what my shocks and springs did haha. Eibach makes pretty affordable options for most trucks out there now might be worth a look. I agree i love the look of these trucks when i bought it i wasnt quite sold on it but the way it sits now i cant stop looking at it haha

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
Nice truck. Any cooling problems with the LED bar in the nose? GMPP just came out with long travel UCA's for my ZR2, just waiting for the part number to be in the system.