2014 XV Crosstrek Hybrid

• HTML tutorial

Tyler Higgins

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Houston,TX
Member #

I just ordered a RAM mount and an iPad for navigation. I know of Hema maps, which is really popular in Australia, does anyone know if they are any good in North America? Any other recommendations for off road maps?

Sent from my XT1650 using OB Talk mobile app

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Gaia is probably the most widely used. I use that for navigation and ScenicMap when I'm exploring.

Tyler Higgins

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Houston,TX
Member #

I got my Ram Mount installed today. It looks nice and I can't wait to get my iPad to go with it. Little by little my overland rig will come together. It was a little tricky to get the mount installed on my passenger side site as the mounting point for the seat is setup differently then how the mount is designed for, but I made it work.

IMG_20170712_185223093.jpg

Tyler Higgins

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Houston,TX
Member #

Thank you herooftheday. I am excited about this build too. It is just going to take awhile to get it finished. I don't make that much money. Next step is to install two small flood spot lights. I just need to figure out the best way/place to mount them.

Sent from my XT1650 using OB Talk mobile app

herooftheday

Rank 0

Traveler I

Chicago
Thats ok if it takes a while. Than means you have plenty of time to make this a very thoughtful build. Projects like this always turn out better for me when I have more time to think about it, rather than just throw money at it and end up just re-doing it later on.

Reactions: Tyler Higgins

THEpoorguy

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Sweetser, IN, USA
First Name
Matthew
Last Name
Poor
Member #

I've been going through this thread on one tab with amazon open in another tab just adding gear to the wish list. Can't wait to see your rig done

Tyler Higgins

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Houston,TX
Member #

Thank you @THEpoorguy. I know how you feel, when I first found this group I was going the same thing. I just ordered a hotspot for my rig and will be installing a USB charging port in the back soon, I will add pictures. I am also a computer tech and want to add some IT gear to my rig as well.

Reactions: THEpoorguy

Tyler Higgins

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Houston,TX
Member #

Newest addition to my rig, a mobile HotSpot so everyone in my rig will have good internet. There is an antenna on my roof that I hope will give mobile wifi.jpg me a good signal in most places.

Reactions: THEpoorguy