Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Thanks again. Everyone on this forum has been great, I love the community feeling of this forum.
I'm glad to hear it Tyler. Time to return the favor and show us some pics of you getting that hybrid dirty haha.

Tyler Higgins

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Houston,TX
Member #

I have been looking at recovery gear and winches, the only winch I have been able to find for the Crosstrek is a winch for an ATV rated at 4500lbs, that is pretty close to GVWR of the Crosstrek and with the weight of the gear I would be adding on to the rig would that be enough pulling power? I have heard that you want double the GVWR of a vehicle when it comes to a winch, but that would mean getting a full size winch, does anyone know if that would fit this mount behind the XV Crosstrek bumper?

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Without modification and plenty of cutting I'm going to say no. That particular superwinch has been absolutely abused by @grantwilson on his recently sold and heavier than an XV Outback. I never heard of an issue from him or anyone else who runs it.

Reactions: Tyler Higgins

Tyler Higgins

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Houston,TX
Member #

Perfect, thank you. Also thank you for the soft shackle recommendation, I never new they made such a thing. I have been looking into them to day and they seem amazing, very handy and light.

Tyler Higgins

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Houston,TX
Member #

I have a question for you all, I just bought a Trolley Jack, I need to rotate my tires. The problem I am running into is that the jack does not have a high enough lift to get the jack stands high enough to take pressure off a set of tires, my driveway is a little slanted. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could safely raise the jack while on the slanted part of my driveway to get my stands high enough? Also I my Subaru has jack points, but I hate using them, are there any other points on the body I can safely jack the rig up from?

Maverick9110E

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Louisburg, NC, USA
First Name
Curt
Last Name
Wall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJF733
Welcome to OB, always great to see another Subaru owner! Your on the right track with LP adventure they have a ton of parts for crosstrek models. I'm not sure but Anderson Design Fabrication may have some lift options for you. Speed master traction mats were running some really good pricing a few weeks ago, not sure what they are going for now. Take a look at Voodoo rope for some recovery ropes as well. I just picked up a 30' for $99 shipped. Came with a nice carry bag as well. They also threw in a hat and some other SWAG.

Tyler Higgins

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Houston,TX
Member #

Welcome to OB, always great to see another Subaru owner! Your on the right track with LP adventure they have a ton of parts for crosstrek models. I'm not sure but Anderson Design Fabrication may have some lift options for you. Speed master traction mats were running some really good pricing a few weeks ago, not sure what they are going for now. Take a look at Voodoo rope for some recovery ropes as well. I just picked up a 30' for $99 shipped. Came with a nice carry bag as well. They also threw in a hat and some other SWAG.
Thank's for the recommendations. I will check them out.

Enthusiast I

Brentwood, CA
Member #

I have a question for you all, I just bought a Trolley Jack, I need to rotate my tires. The problem I am running into is that the jack does not have a high enough lift to get the jack stands high enough to take pressure off a set of tires, my driveway is a little slanted. Does anyone have any ideas on how I could safely raise the jack while on the slanted part of my driveway to get my stands high enough? Also I my Subaru has jack points, but I hate using them, are there any other points on the body I can safely jack the rig up from?
You either need a jack that lifts higher or lift the suspension instead of the body. If you lift the body you have to overcome the suspension droop before lifting off the ground. For under $100 you can get a much larger jack from Harbor freight that will lift almost ten more inches.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using OB Talk mobile app

Tyler Higgins

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Houston,TX
Member #

Welcome! Always happy to see more off road enthusiasts in a Subaru! These guys are awesome and have you on the right track. You'll be amazed at how far you can go on a lift, tires, skids, and recovery gear. Maybe I missed it, what state are you in?

Hit me on Instagram @tyleromyah

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app
I love these guys, they have been a big help.
I live in Seaside, Oregon.

Sent from my XT1650 using OB Talk mobile app

Tyler Higgins

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Houston,TX
Member #

Welcome! Always happy to see more off road enthusiasts in a Subaru! These guys are awesome and have you on the right track. You'll be amazed at how far you can go on a lift, tires, skids, and recovery gear. Maybe I missed it, what state are you in?

Hit me on Instagram @tyleromyah

I sent you a fallow request on Instagram, User ID tyleremt.

Reactions: tyleromyah

Tyler Higgins

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Houston,TX
Member #

I have a question, I just got a set of spot lights and need a recommendation on where to mount them to my Crosstrek. I am wanting something like ally lights, I am just not sure how to mount them to my rig. I have seen mounts made for Jeep and a few other makes, but nothing for a Subaru. Any tips would be greatly welcomed.

LED Lights.jpg

tyleromyah

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate II

I have a question, I just got a set of spot lights and need a recommendation on where to mount them to my Crosstrek. I am wanting something like ally lights, I am just not sure how to mount them to my rig. I have seen mounts made for Jeep and a few other makes, but nothing for a Subaru. Any tips would be greatly welcomed.

View attachment 24987
I've got a bar mounted to my roof rack, and 4 pods i need to mount. I am planning on making my own mounts. 2 for the side of my roof rack, underneath my awning, and 2 near my side mirrors. You might have to get a bit crafty and make something work! I'll post mine when im done. Hopefully soon!