2014 Wrangler Re-gear

• HTML tutorial

ColoradoJames

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Denver , CO
Member #

Purchased my 2014 wrangler used and it had already been jacked up and 35s put on. I figure I need a regear since I'm the highway I need to downshift to fourth or sometimes third to pass or reaccelerate up to highway speed. Question is how much am I looking at and what do I need to look for ? Anyone in the Denver area get work done at the 4wheelparts store ? I'm kinda lost when it comes to transmission work.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

RootedWanderers

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Pelham, Alabama 35124
First Name
Wayne
Last Name
Sullivan
Member #

The 4whelparts here in town does pretty good work. They had a thing going last month of a complete regear for 1200+ the cost of fluids. Mine is a 14 and 6spd. I do allot of hwy driving as it's my daily driver as well as my weekend toy. I went with 4.56 gears in mine and is perfect for the driving that I do as well as the off-road playing. I don't do any major rock crawling or I may would have gone with 4.88s. Anyway, Here's a great chart to look at to give you a little better idea at how to select what you are going with. BTW, my Jeep gets pretty loaded down with gear and pulling a trailer when I am hitting trails for a camping weekend. Hope this helps.

Reactions: ColoradoJames

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch
Army Vet
New gears will do wonders for you. It will feel like a new Jeep. I agree with @OBJK , 4.56 is probably the best gear for overland JK with a Manuel trans and 35' tires. It will give you the best compromise between road and trail. I tend to think that 35' tires are a bit much for Overlanding. I love 35' tires for the trail, but I change them out to 33' when I'm Overlanding (don't plan on doing any really hard technical stuff).

codesertrat

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor II

Las Vegas, NV
Member #

Call rsg off-road they are a great group of guys. Had an old coworker go to them and they were around a thousand or less if my memory serves me right

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Reactions: ColoradoJames

ColoradoJames

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Denver , CO
Member #

Thanks everyone for the great advice , always impressed with the knowledge here. Currently 4 wheels does the conversion for parts and labor at 1299 with a full warranty I have not checked with rsg yet but will early next week

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Jeff Graham

Rank VI
Launch Member

Benefactor

Splendora, TX, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
Graham
Member #

Service Branch