Spokane, Spokane County, Washington, United States
First Name
Hung
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVK
Very nice rig - I have a 2012 WK2 Overland as well I'm upgrading. I see you did the stock 265 size tires - are those Ko2s?
I had to go back to 265 because the offset on my wheels are +18 which was just the right amount of reveal. If you want a wider tire you will want to get a negative offset upwards of -24. The tires are Toyo Open Country.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

I had to go back to 265 because the offset on my wheels are +18 which was just the right amount of reveal. If you want a wider tire you will want to get a negative offset upwards of -24. The tires are Toyo Open Country.

Newb here. When you say positive or negative offset, what does that mean? Is that related to how wheel spacers push the wheel out away from the vehicle? Or are you referring to something like how the tires shape changes once it's mounted to your model wheels etc?

nguyenchester

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Spokane, Spokane County, Washington, United States
First Name
Hung
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ7LVK
Newb here. When you say positive or negative offset, what does that mean? Is that related to how wheel spacers push the wheel out away from the vehicle? Or are you referring to something like how the tires shape changes once it's mounted to your model wheels etc?
Offset refers to the wheel. The more positive your offset more of the wheel is visible outside your stock fenders. Negative means more of the wheel will fit in the fender well so you could get a wider wheel and tire but then probably have to worry more about rubbing and all the things I didnt feel like I wanted to put more money into at this time. There's usually quite a bit of wiggle room though but finding the right off-road wheels for WK2 can be difficult.

Reactions: geekyadam

geekyadam

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Mead, CO, USA
First Name
Adam
Last Name
Wright
Member #

Offset refers to the wheel. The more positive your offset more of the wheel is visible outside your stock fenders. Negative means more of the wheel will fit in the fender well so you could get a wider wheel and tire but then probably have to worry more about rubbing and all the things I didnt feel like I wanted to put more money into at this time. There's usually quite a bit of wiggle room though but finding the right off-road wheels for WK2 can be difficult.

Ahh gotcha thanks for info

Reactions: nguyenchester