Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Springfield MO
Member #

On another note -

How is your fuel economy?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
While I admit that the fuel economy is not the best. Getting 12mpg around town. Have not tracked a full highway number just yet. I will have that information soon though. Those numbers will change a little too when I add on the K&N air filter.

SonOfNeptune

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Springfield MO
Member #

So I have almost completed the National Luna Fridge/Freezer tie down modification. I took the flat fold out bench under the rear seats and installed tie down points. From there I went back with the Eye-bolts and sewed straps that will be custom cut to length with velcro. This is what I have thus farIMG_7141.jpg

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

That looks good man!! My only concern would be maybe putting a metal Plat on top as well to kinda sandwhich everything? Idk prolly just me cause I like overkill lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

SonOfNeptune

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Springfield MO
Member #

This allows me the option to have the fridge in the back when I want, otherwise, I just fold up the factory installed bench, pull the seat down and no one knows the wiser.

SonOfNeptune

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Springfield MO
Member #

That looks good man!! My only concern would be maybe putting a metal Plat on top as well to kinda sandwhich everything? Idk prolly just me cause I like overkill lol

I hear what you are saying! I am in the process of trying to find washers for the 10x24 machine screws that I used. The way I see it, the force is being pulled from below so the plate below spreads the force out. The screws really only 'hold the bracket' in place. Would just like to spread some of the force out on the screw heads because what ever the material is I think it would be best. For now it works. I just have to get the wife to break out the sewing machine so I can cut to length and sew the velcro to the straps

Reactions: timberwolf_120

SonOfNeptune

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Springfield MO
Member #

So several have asked about updates... as is right now, the wife informed me about 2 weeks ago that she wants a divorce. That being said, the truck was a compromise from what I originally wanted (Ram 2500 CTD) so once the divorce is done I plan to trade mine in for what I really wanted. So far the wife wants to be amicable and divide what we accomplished together, keep what we had (prior) and work a situation where we have dual custody of my son. All of this to be figured out before going to a lawyer. Both of us want lawyers out of the picture. Once the dissolution is final I plan to find a new home, something small for my son and I that has a shop/large garage. After that, I will be trading in the truck for the CTD Mega Cab. Needless to say I am even more excited now than I was about the PW. It has proven to be a beast. At the end of the day though I want the CTD, I want the extra space in the back that the Mega Cab provides and I will be expanding even more with a tow behind trailer for the tent/camping system. Can hardly wait to share the build.

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Oh man sorry to hear about that. I told my wife if we ever split I only want my jeep/truck she can have everything else lol
But hey least it sounds like it's gonna be pretty peaceful.
And can't wait to see what you do with the ctd, hope you put a Carli suspension system on it ;) that's my dream is put their 3.5 dominator unchained kit on my next cummins I get. But that's 12 grand.

Last edited:

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

So several have asked about updates... as is right now, the wife informed me about 2 weeks ago that she wants a divorce. That being said, the truck was a compromise from what I originally wanted (Ram 2500 CTD) so once the divorce is done I plan to trade mine in for what I really wanted. So far the wife wants to be amicable and divide what we accomplished together, keep what we had (prior) and work a situation where we have dual custody of my son. All of this to be figured out before going to a lawyer. Both of us want lawyers out of the picture. Once the dissolution is final I plan to find a new home, something small for my son and I that has a shop/large garage. After that, I will be trading in the truck for the CTD Mega Cab. Needless to say I am even more excited now than I was about the PW. It has proven to be a beast. At the end of the day though I want the CTD, I want the extra space in the back that the Mega Cab provides and I will be expanding even more with a tow behind trailer for the tent/camping system. Can hardly wait to share the build.
Sorry to hear that, i hope it all goes as smooth as it is now.

I think everyone should be happy, so i hope you both find happiness in your new directions, and that your son does well with the change... best wishes all around really.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk