• HTML tutorial

SonOfNeptune

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Springfield MO
Member #

IMG_6910.JPG Another goodie arrived in the mail today... any suggestions for mounting locations? Right now I am looking at installing it under the passenger seat where the factory jack is. Figure the compressor could go there and then the switch and air line quick disconnect could go on the access cover on the side of the seat that hides the jack.

SonOfNeptune

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Springfield MO
Member #

Well, the bumper is done, the rims and tires are spinning and I am onto the next stage of the build. Next up... get the dealership to replace the factory winch cable that was jacked up beyond measure and to start working on the bed rack for the tent...IMG_6945.JPG

Reactions: WJ - Firefly

WJ - Firefly

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Casey County, Kentucky
First Name
David
Last Name
Goodyear
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KL7JKC
I like the chrome. There isn't that much and it breaks up the front. Really like those recovery points!!!

timberwolf_120

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Ridgecrest, CA
Member #

Badass man! I say leave the chrome too. It breaks up colors so it don't blend together.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

SonOfNeptune

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Springfield MO
Member #

By chance are there any Photoshop gurus that can digitally black out the chrome for me so I can get a better idea as to what it would look like with the red accents?

roamingtimber

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

North Cascades, Washington
Member #

I think you should black it out. I'm not a fan of chrome. I don't know how hot that compressor gets when it runs for a while, but that might be something to consider before mounting it in th cab. I know my cheap viair gets pretty warm after 4 tires. Yours might not though because of the better quality.

IronPercheron

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Sweeny Texas
Member #

uploadfromtaptalk1450452307602.jpg

I like your style

Heres my 2012 superduty

I had to buy my disconnects and front locker after the fact... but ultimately its a wonderful truck, gasoline as well. Diesel is just more wieght... these trucks are heavy as it is.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Reactions: SonOfNeptune

murps

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Denver, CO, USA
First Name
d
Last Name
m
Member #

View attachment 876

How about this one? I am looking to black out the "chrome" on the grill, leaving the red accents... black to match the mat black on the bumper.

Great appreciation in advance!!!! Thanks dmurph1996
Should be able to get you something this afternoon once im out of work, they dont let me play with Photoshop in the office :( Going off of what @timberwolf_120 posted. Do you want the ram logo black too or do you want it red to match the grill? IMO the red would be a nice accent

SonOfNeptune

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Springfield MO
Member #

IMG_6999.jpg While its not much.... I took the bed rack up to the fabricators to have it modified a bit so that it would fit the PW. The plan is to pick it up tomorrow. After that I will be able to mount the CVT Roof Top Tent. In the mean time... a little teaser from the down time that I had yesterday.

Reactions: timberwolf_120

SonOfNeptune

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Springfield MO
Member #

IMG_7006.JPG

Finally got the bed rack finished and the tent mounted up... let the adventures begin...

Things left on the project list:
* Install the compressor
* Install the dual battery system
* Install the mounting hardware for the National Luna Fridge/Freezer
* Have the winch cable replace by the dealership
* Debating the idea of blacking out the chrome on the rear bumper (Plasti-dip... an easy solution until AEV comes out with a rear bumper)
* Debating the idea of blacking out the front grill (Again plasti-dip)
* Install the Cobra 75 CB and Firestik Antenna - tune
* Fix the issue with the tire rubbing on the front left tire... tire rubs at full lock.

Reactions: SLO Rob