Fellow Jeeper

Rank V

Influencer II

Latrobe Pa
First Name
Lee
Last Name
Bobincheck
I just put my stock rear bumper back on mine and put heavy duty hinges on. But don't think it'll work the way I planned. Now how bad was the install on your carrier? I was looking at them to. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

I just put my stock rear bumper back on mine and put heavy duty hinges on. But don't think it'll work the way I planned. Now how bad was the install on your carrier? I was looking at them to. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G935V using OB Talk mobile app
It just had a lot of adjustments. The install was straight forward, but if you mess the adjustments up, you might be hooped.

SNWOWL

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sacramento CA
Member #

How much rub, if any are you experiencing running 37"s with 3" lift and stock fenders? That's what I would love to do, but didn't know how it would turn out. I prefer the lower big tire look. Nice combo!

boehml

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

British Columbia
First Name
Liam
Last Name
-
Member #

How much rub, if any are you experiencing running 37"s with 3" lift and stock fenders? That's what I would love to do, but didn't know how it would turn out. I prefer the lower big tire look. Nice combo!
Well the KO2s are only 0.5" taller than my 35" MTR/K on the Jeep under weight. My saltas are offset such that the tire stuffs into the pocket provided by the stock flares. Still need to stuff them to see, but in theory there should be slight rub.

Apdski

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Raleigh, NC, USA
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
D
Member #

I don't want to turn your thread into a gearing debate, but...

I am with @LostMayhem and am curious about your gearing as well as the 87 octane tune. I have a 07 jku 6 speed. The aev works and "33s"...32" under weight with stock 3.21 gears and its my Daily. I know you have a '14 so you have the more powerful 3.6 V6 compared to my 3.8. My rig is already getting heavy but even with the 3.21s and 3.8 its only slightly under-powered at highway speeds and combined city/hwy I still get ~17 mpg. I know everyone says to forget about the MPGs, but its still a factor in the decision making process. I believe I am in the same boat as you about in terms of re-gearing and axle replacing. I don't want to spend any money in that area until I absolutely have to. I am also slightly afraid of a re-gear being too drastic of a change that will throw my cruising RPM too high.

All that to ask about your 87 octane tune. What all does it change and was it a significant improvement. Could it be used as a "band-aide" to put off re-gearing a while longer?

Also, great looking build, huge fan of the saltas

Reactions: LostMayhem