Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Owosso , Michigan
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Keyes
Member #

I really like your build. I have and 08 Silverado. Your build has given me some motivation. Im gonna check out the SPOD for sure.

JackP

Rank II

Advocate II

Finally Installed the bed rug, there are still a couple of gaps, where dust can get in, does anyone have any ideas on how to fill them? The canned spray foam won't stick.20180714_131919.jpg

JackP

Rank II

Advocate II

Gaps are underneath the bed rails, the side of the bed stops and there is like a 2" gap in some places that goes right into the wheel well. And I'm doing weather stripping around the tailgate. I never thought of campers tape, that would probably work, or maybe even like peel and stick flashing for houses?

Reactions: Fellow Jeeper

JackP

Rank II

Advocate II

You could try one of these bed seal kits. I just installed one in my 18 gmc crew cab but have yet to take it down a dirt road.
It has large foam wedges that fit into those holes.

https://www.realtruck.com/trailseal-total-truck-bed-seal/60090.html?utm_campaign=product_ads&utm_source=google&utm_medium=cpc&utm_content=79235&gclid=CjwKCAjw1tDaBRAMEiwA0rYbSJzXNqY3DKbm20lT02MQDz2a7hKycIHC9S95LfaocS77EjssWgZPmxoCCLcQAvD_BwE
I wish I knew that existed a week ago! I ended up using some canned spray foam, and it seams to have worked pretty well, I just need to seal around the tailgate and it will be dust free!!