2013 Silverado Overland Build

• HTML tutorial

JackP

Rank II

Advocate II

I'll start by saying I'm new to this site, and overlanding in general, however I have been camping and exploring back roads since I was a kid... but now it's time to get serious! The truck is mostly stock right now but there are big things in the works.

I'll start with the upgrades it currently has:
-Icon Stage 1 suspension w/ Icon upper control arms
-Rear Add a leaf
-Custom rock sliders
-Ram Mounts vehicle mount for a Samsung tablet (my GPS)
-Bushwacker cut-away fender flares
-DIY Rear Bumper & Rear tire swing w/ jerry can mounts
-Truck topper
-BedRug
-Two Rigid Dually flood lights, one is my reverse light, the other is my dust light
-Two Rigid SR 10" amber fog lights
-Dual battery's
-Spod system
-33" BFG TKO2's

The to do list:
-High clearance front bumper w/ winch
-35" tires
Baja Designs LP9's :)

That's about everything I've thought of as far as the vehicle goes, and everything on this list does solve an issue that i've had out on the trail (except the winch... thank god).

GOPR0022.jpg View attachment 41412

Last edited:

JackP

Rank II

Advocate II

Shocks went on today, UCA's are going to be in in a couple weeks then I'll get those put on. I'll be taking a day trip this weekend to see how she handles in the dirt.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dylan Cave

805RADO

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Santa Ynez, CA, USA
First Name
Lost
Last Name
Sasquatch
Member #

Shocks went on today, UCA's are going to be in in a couple weeks then I'll get those put on. I'll be taking a day trip this weekend to see how she handles in the dirt.
Good looking stuff! Full size rig club!

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Dylan Cave

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Frisco, Texas
Member #

I'm probably not going to make one, (I don't have that much time on my hands anymore) but I am having trouble finding one I like, any suggestions are greatly appreciated!
I decided to go with a winch tray on my 2015. With your truck, I would go with a hidden winch mount from Rough Country, and mount it behind the stock bumper.

My reasoning is that we’re already heavy and a big steel bumper is going to add a lot of weight.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: JackP

Old Griz

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

North Idaho
First Name
Bill
Last Name
Clisham
Member #

Looks great! I have played with the idea of a dedicated overland rig but have decided to stick with my fullsize Chevy. I'm not likely to hit many trails that are size restrictive so my tank should not be an issue. Plus it's nice having it around as a winch point /rig.

JackP

Rank II

Advocate II

Quick update, knocked a hole in my transfer case, which may delay a couple of my modifications. However the delivery dates on my upcoming modifications keep getting delayed so I'm starting to think that everything will work out. Then next thing that will be added is most likely the dual battery system, I've started running all my wiring so that once the components get here I can just bolt them on and make a couple of connections. I'll keep y'all posted!