• HTML tutorial

project.hi.vis

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

York, SC
Member #

I haven't updated my build in a while. Working 1730 to 0600 6 days a week makes free time a bit scarce so I've been trying to squeeze in time for the Jeep as much as possible.

Well the summer heat is starting to linger around the southeast so what do most people do... turn on the AC in their vehicles... well mine didn't want to work. With a little bit of troubleshooting and searching I found my condenser had a hole in it. When I installed my front bumper last year I had to relocate the vacuum pump that was mounted on the frame. And after sometime the pump rubbed a hole/ crack into the condenser so I was lucky enough to experience changing that out. Looking back I probably would have taken the radiator out and it would have been so much easier but I wasn't prepared to change out the coolant.

I also found out, while I was working near Wilmington, NC, that my front driveshaft was crapping out on me. So I ordered an Adams front driveshaft. The install on that was incredibly easy!

I also have installed a Road Shower on top of the jeep.

Attachments

project.hi.vis

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

York, SC
Member #

Then I made a panel to hold my spigot that is connected to my onboard water tank with a pressure sensing pump and my OBA.

Installed my 5lb Propane tank and mount along with the Tailgate Table Tray.

And currently I'm working on a relay panel to control all of the madness on the jeep. Like I said before working nights is tough so the electrical gets done little by little. But the birds nest of wires will be gone soon!

And I also added a bracket to hold the hose from the road shower. I figured this would be nice to have when I do shower on my trip.

Now it's getting time to start packing!

Attachments

Socal73

Rank 0

Traveler I

Then I made a panel to hold my spigot that is connected to my onboard water tank with a pressure sensing pump and my OBA.

Installed my 5lb Propane tank and mount along with the Tailgate Table Tray.

And currently I'm working on a relay panel to control all of the madness on the jeep. Like I said before working nights is tough so the electrical gets done little by little. But the birds nest of wires will be gone soon!

And I also added a bracket to hold the hose from the road shower. I figured this would be nice to have when I do shower on my trip.

Now it's getting time to start packing!
Hate to resurrect an old thread but this build is well worth resurrecting. Awesome build. Saw your Instagram trip and definately had an envy problem! Hopefully someday I can take some time and make a small trip. Thanks for sharing. Gives some of us something to strive for. Nice job on your build. Noticed you went from Sahara denders to black. Damage??

project.hi.vis

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

York, SC
Member #

Hate to resurrect an old thread but this build is well worth resurrecting. Awesome build. Saw your Instagram trip and definately had an envy problem! Hopefully someday I can take some time and make a small trip. Thanks for sharing. Gives some of us something to strive for. Nice job on your build. Noticed you went from Sahara denders to black. Damage??
Well at first I was talked into cutting my flares and I stopped after the front two. I loved the look but hated how much more mud and dirt flew on the jeep. I know jeeps look better dirty but it got old fast lol. But I'm thinking of getting the notch fiberglass flares and color matching them.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Socal73

project.hi.vis

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

York, SC
Member #

Well at first I was talked into cutting my flares and I stopped after the front two. I loved the look but hated how much more mud and dirt flew on the jeep. I know jeeps look better dirty but it got old fast lol. But I'm thinking of getting the notch fiberglass flares and color matching them.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk