2013 Jeep JKU Overland Build

• HTML tutorial

coronausmc

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Hey everyone. My name is Martin and I've been around for a while, just haven't posted yet. Just wanted to show my slow build. It's a 2013 Jeep JK Unlimited. Has a 4" rough country lift and a Smitty Bilt XRC short front bumper with a Westin T-Max 8500 winch with synthetic rope. Just got my Garvin Wilderness rack in the other day, so that's going to be a hassle getting it put on.  Also picked myself up a GSI camping cookware kit. Also starting the stock of some plano cases. Coming up soon is converting my stock rear bumper in to a water tank and adding a flip down table to my rear swing gate. Oh, and a CB soon. I tell my wife that that would be the end of the build but she refuses to believe me since I come from the minitruck community and never stopped building my truck before I sold it. Whoever is willing to come help me install my roof rack, I'd be more than welcome to have you! I live in Brentwood, CA just on the eastern edge of the SF Bay Area. Unfortunately, I work too much so I don't get out with the family as much. But we are always willing to go on a mini adventure with the baby if invited. Thanks for looking everyone, I hope to get to know as many of you as possible.

Reactions: Michael and deeker

Steve

lost again...
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler III

Lorain County, OH, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
None
Member #

Welcome, Martin!

Very cool Jeep. At first, I didn't like the 4-door Jeeps. The just looked weird. But now, I think I'd have a JKU on my short list if I was looking for a new vehicle.

coronausmc

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Thank you, Steve. I love my Jeep, I've been in a few older wranglers but these 4 door are just killer. We have plenty of room. Also, the extended wheel length helps to crawl over the bigger obstacles.

utspoolup

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Member III

Murray Utah
Member #

Mini trucking to Jeeping! That's a first, HAHA. Good start to your rig man. You will like the Garvin rack. I have the interior rack in my Xterra. Super useful, well designed, and solid. Keep us updated as you progress on your rig.

coronausmc

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Thanks Casey. Yeah, it's a pretty crazy jump, but I love vehicles all together. Jeeps have always had a soft spot in my heart. I grew up riding in a '77 Chief Cherokee. I'm really excited for the roof rack, hopefully I'll get it up by Christmas. Haha.

stoney126

Rank VI
Founder 500
Launch Member

Influencer II

Napa Ca
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Stoner
Member #

Had a few s10's laying frame. I too got a jku and love it. Oldish thread but I'd be willing to help with the rack. Im not far from brentwood

coronausmc

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Had a few s10's laying frame. I too got a jku and love it. Oldish thread but I'd be willing to help with the rack. Im not far from brentwood
Thanks, Stoney. Got my cousin coming from San Jose to help tomorrow. I'm building his rifle for him so he owes me. Haha. I appreciate the offer though, I'll let you know if he can't make it since he'll be hitting holiday traffic. I actually had a 2008 Chevy Colorado laying frame. I loved that truck. We just had love/hate relationship, just like all minitruck owners.

Wolvee

ᕕ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ) ︻デ═一 pew pew
Staff member
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Member #

Great looking Jeep. Welcome to OBF! My buddy has a similar jeep and he loves it.

irvinemike

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Member #

Nice Jeep @coronausmc ! The build never stops. I can attest, as a new 2013 Jeep owner for 2 months now, the Jeep JK is awesome. Being a loyal past Toyota owner including a 1977 FJ40, I was at first skeptical but decided to take the Chrysler dive with fingers crossed because it was the only vehicle with a removable top and that was a must for me this time around. 4 doors is a must if you have a family too. If Toyota made a removable top I would be all over that but for now, Chrysler got me with the only removable hardtop out there and it has exceeding my expectations. I get to go to work everyday with the freedom top off, windows down, and blue tooth blasting my favorite tunes on the factor Alpines. Dosent get much better than that. Funnest daily driver I have ever owned, worth every penny.

Lifestyle Overland

Rank VI
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

United States
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
McCuiston
Member #

@coronausmc Nice rig! I've got a friend out in your area who just got a similar setup to start overlanding with his family. I'm hoping to get him on the forums soon, maybe you two can hook up on a trip sometime.

coronausmc

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

@coronausmc Nice rig! I've got a friend out in your area who just got a similar setup to start overlanding with his family. I'm hoping to get him on the forums soon, maybe you two can hook up on a trip sometime.
@stringtwelve , for sure! I was just talking to my wife today about us not having any friends in the area that would be willing to Overland with us, let alone camp.

Reactions: Lifestyle Overland

coronausmc

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Nice Jeep @coronausmc ! The build never stops. I can attest, as a new 2013 Jeep owner for 2 months now, the Jeep JK is awesome. Being a loyal past Toyota owner including a 1977 FJ40, I was at first skeptical but decided to take the Chrysler dive with fingers crossed because it was the only vehicle with a removable top and that was a must for me this time around. 4 doors is a must if you have a family too. If Toyota made a removable top I would be all over that but for now, Chrysler got me with the only removable hardtop out there and it has exceeding my expectations. I get to go to work everyday with the freedom top off, windows down, and blue tooth blasting my favorite tunes on the factor Alpines. Dosent get much better than that. Funnest daily driver I have ever owned, worth every penny.
@irvinemike, I actually have a soft spot in my heart for Toyotas. I was actually looking at a 4runner before I got the jeep but the jeep just sucked me in. I'm glad I went with the JK. Super functional and practical.

coronausmc

Rank I
Launch Member

Member I

Well everyone, been busy lately but have been able to add a few more things to the rig. At this point the rig is pretty much done (yeah right). Added the roof rack, LEDs up front, limb risers, tire carrier and bumper and a CB radio. Here's how she looks now:

Oh, and I've been busy because we added a new member to our little family. Can't wait to take these girls out to explore the world.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Overland Bound Talk mobile app

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

Well everyone, been busy lately but have been able to add a few more things to the rig. At this point the rig is pretty much done (yeah right). Added the roof rack, LEDs up front, limb risers, tire carrier and bumper and a CB radio. Here's how she looks now:

Oh, and I've been busy because we added a new member to our little family. Can't wait to take these girls out to explore the world.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Overland Bound Talk mobile app
Congrats on the little one!