Launch Member

Member II

Springfield, OR, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Studt
Member #

I'm jumping backwards a little since I don't think I ever posted the electrical setup in the rear of the van. We have two 100w solar panels on the roof with a 200Ah hybrid gel battery running everything. We're using a Victron MPPT 75/15 controller, Victron shunt, and Victron Blue Smart Charger. Several Blue Sea breakers, Blue Sea blocks, Blue Sea fuses, Blue Sea fuse panel, and Blue Sea Disconnect. We also have a Victron 1000w power inverter, and will have a Victron converter once we're hooked up to the alternator.

MStudt

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Springfield, OR, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Studt
Member #

I've been trying to wrap some things up before departing for our road trip on 12/23 when we head into No-Cal for a week. That means I should be dumping a lot of updates over the next couple days.

First update is small, but pretty significant. I recently purchased some insulated window and fan covers from Tourig. These are a very nice window cover that's super easy to install and use with them being held up by a few magnets. I also have them working on some custom covers for our back windows since no one seems to make anything for those.

Reactions: danwyandt

MStudt

Rank V
Launch Member

Member II

Springfield, OR, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
Studt
Member #

This morning I was able to finish up the rear bumper, and just in time for our upcoming trip tomorrow. The aluminum box was a bit of a last minute idea that'll double as a work center. I'll be able to store some item in this, and have a flat work space if needed.