Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I've had my 2012 raptor for a little while now, I haven't upgraded much, just maintenance for the suspension. A winch is my next upgrade I think. As she sits now she has rebuilt fox shocks, added spherical bearings to replace the old rubber bushings. Also replaced tie rod ends, upper and lower ball joints. And put some new shoes on it after destroying the kos that were on it lol. I replaced them with nokian rockproof tires. And I have 2 say they have been great tires so far way better than the stock tires, just a little bit noisy in comparison. I replaced my original aux lights for brighter and with drls. As for overland gear, my wife hooked me up this year, we got a cast iron set, a camp chef, 0 degree sleeping bags, a truck tent, fire extinguisher, Jerry can, and a tablet running backcountry navigator. More to come for sure. But that's where I'm at now.

Attachments

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Put some new pads and rotors on today, had a little difficulty with the front. Apparently I didn't realize the pads were in backwards but I figured it out with the help of my old lady. Pretty awesome woman I must say.

Attachments

Reactions: JCWages

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Well it's not a truck modification, it is an essential piece of kit in my part of the world. It is something however that I have almost no experience with. I have taken a safety course, just doesn't feel like it's been adequate. So I'll have an experienced friend show me. Looking forward to being able to continue down the road when a tree has fallen across it. Hate it when you gotta turn around cuz a tree is in the road. It's going to have a nice little spot tucked in my toolbox. 20190705_210849.jpg20190705_210910.jpg

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

A winch and or a good tow strap will go along with the new chainsaw quite well for trail clearing. :) Being able to cut and then pull large branches off the trail is nice!

Reactions: Jaytperry89

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
A winch and or a good tow strap will go along with the new chainsaw quite well for trail clearing. :) Being able to cut and then pull large branches off the trail is nice!
A winch is on my list, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Do you have a static tow strap and a rated recovery point up front? That is usually good enough to pull large branches out of your way. :)

Reactions: Ozzie H

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I have a factory recovery point in front, and rear. Its probably high time I replaced my old tow strap though.

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Jaytperry89 nice rig so far! Nice to see another full-size Ford F-150/Raptor here! Keep us updated!
Well thank you very much, I agree so many folks stay away from full sized rigs its almost a rarity to see. I think my next mod will be a winch and winch plate. I'd also like 2 get 2 bigger lights for the a pillar. But maybe I'll build a tray for the tool box, to house the saw and spare parts for it.

Reactions: 19mystic96

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
20191225_124602.jpg
My wife and I found during our couple trips this last year we didn't have a good way to keep the trash from going all over the place. And although I was going to go a different way, she got this for me. It a pretty nice bag, has some mesh webbing on the outside of the bag I feel would be handy for things like baby wipes or hand sanitizer. It also has some molle attachment areas on either side of the bag. She also grabbed up some traction boards, she said it should help me until a winch is put on lol.

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Well I added some coms to it, after our trip to the coyote works open invite we quickly realized that we were missing some vital information, lol especially since a someone in the group stayed too far back and took the wrong turn. But anyway my friend @Jonathan01 bought the radio, and my wife went and collected the mount and the antenna I wanted. We are excited to start going on more group runs. 20191231_144149.jpg20191231_153035.jpg20191231_151559.jpg

Last edited:

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Well I've purchased a roof top tent, and I'm pretty excited about it. My friend jon suggested on repurposing a contractor rack instead of purchasing a new rack to save me some more money for trips. I've already started cutting it down and now I'm ready to fabricate it to fit my bed. The tent gets here tomorrow evening. Lol anyway here is some pictures of what I've got started

Attachments

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Well I've had some time to finish my project, and I feel like it's way too tall lol. The ladder doesn't actually touch the ground, that's why its parked next to the curb. So I think we are gonna cut 6 inches off. But I am super happy with it otherwise