Launch Member

Member III

Prineville. OR
First Name
Allen
Last Name
S
Member #

Cool truck, I'm not a Ford guy but Raptors are bad @$$. Nice job on the mods. I really like building my own stuff over buying stuff off the shelf. You get exactly what you want that way. Hopefully this mess will have settled down and Casey will do his get together again later this year and we can have a beer. Until then, here's a fellow Oregonian social distance cheers to your work.

Reactions: Jaytperry89

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Cool truck, I'm not a Ford guy but Raptors are bad @$$. Nice job on the mods. I really like building my own stuff over buying stuff off the shelf. You get exactly what you want that way. Hopefully this mess will have settled down and Casey will do his get together again later this year and we can have a beer. Until then, here's a fellow Oregonian social distance cheers to your work.
Sounds like a good plan! Did you go to last years get together? I took my puppy last year and he prevented me from really getting out and talking to anyone, because he got sick. But it was still a cool thing to be apart of. I look forward to seeing you on the trail.

472HemiGTX

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Prineville. OR
First Name
Allen
Last Name
S
Member #

Sounds like a good plan! Did you go to last years get together? I took my puppy last year and he prevented me from really getting out and talking to anyone, because he got sick. But it was still a cool thing to be apart of. I look forward to seeing you on the trail.
Unfortunately last year's get together coincided with a hunting trip we had planned. We going to try to make it this year. Take care.

Reactions: Jaytperry89

19mystic96

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Pacifica, CA, USA
First Name
Matt
Last Name
M
Awesome to see another raptor on here! we are a rarity!

how did you like the truck tent? did you find it a pain to unload everything in the bed before you can set it up? I've been looking at one but I havent decided if I want to unload everything out of the bed every time. I see you went with a RTT currently.

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Awesome to see another raptor on here! we are a rarity!

how did you like the truck tent? did you find it a pain to unload everything in the bed before you can set it up? I've been looking at one but I havent decided if I want to unload everything out of the bed every time. I see you went with a RTT currently.
I'll be honest, I hate that tent that goes in the bed of the truck. I froze my butt off every time I used it. And yeah unloading the truck is a pain in the butt especially if you brought firewood. But I also left my tool box in there so that might have changed the tent up a bit. My wife absolutely loved it tho. I think that's how I talked her into the roof top tent. But I do like how it's off the ground. It is nice to not have to find a perfectly clear level spot of ground to sleep on. Also the critters aren't as much of a concern anymore. But climbing into it wasn't easy. I actually used my tough box as a step to get into it. That being said I wanted the roof top tent so I could not only keep my toolbox and have full use of the bed, but I wanted more room than a raptors bed length to sleep in. And the speed of set up is also nice. You have to partially set up the other tent before you put it in the bed. The one I had wasn't very expensive so depending on what you want and need for a set up it might be right up your alley, and if you decide you wanna go a different route it's not a ton of lost capital

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Not necessarily an offroad addition, but now I have a place to put the side arm when getting back into the rig. No more pinching or fighting to keep the seat belt off my side arm.

Attachments

Reactions: 19mystic96

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I actually don't know the brand, my father in law ordered and gave it to me. I can take more pictures of it sure and the box it came in. But I believe there is no name on the prod
uct itself.

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Added some new shoes to the raptor this evening. The nokian rockproofs are great summer tires, not so much winter tires tho. So I decided to change out the nokians in favor for the Goodyear duratracs. Can't wait to find some snow

Attachments

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I purchased a cbi rack to replace my current rack. My old rack is rusting out, and my wife purchased this rack for my birthday. It's been a long 7 weeks but I finally have my rack. I'll be installing it tomorrow morning

Attachments

Jaytperry89

Rank VII
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Idaho Falls, ID, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Perry
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Just wanted to update any other 1st gen raptor owners, recently I had one of my shocks blow out on me. When faced with at least 2 weeks from tsw, and 7 weeks from forged offroad, I decided to see what else I could do to get the shocks replaced sooner. Well if you head over to rock auto you can buy all 4 shocks brand new. I hope this helps someone.

Attachments