2011 KK Liberty Trailer

• HTML tutorial

bassmanfreddo

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler I

I bought the Liberty new in November of 2010. The deal with my wife was no mods until the warranty has expired. Since then I had a basic trailer built and modded it myself to suit my needs, and most of the mods to my Liberty I did with the exception of the lift and snorkel, my m8s at Trick Pro Motorsports took care of that for me.

2011 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4 "The War Wagon"
Old Man Emu 3.5” Lift          JBA Upper Control Arms     Cooper Discoverer STT 265/75R16

Terraflex Bump Stops             OME Coils and Shocks          Smittybilt X2O 12K Winch

Trick Pro Custom Snorkel          ATH Winch Bumper            ATH Rock Sliders     Koenig Zero Wheels

Hella 500 Black Magic Lights    Hella 500 6” Fogs    Hella Supa Horns

Surco Safari Rack        Fire Extinguisher            Wolf Pack Storage Solutions

Midland CB       Baofeng UHF/VHF    On-Board Air Compressor

Camping Lab Awning    48” Hi-Lift Jack    Toughbook CF-30    TomTom G6

The Combat Trailer
Camping Lab Rooftop Tent       850 Watt Gas Generator    Optima 12v 94ah Deep Cycle Blue Top

5000 watt Inverter     110v Battery Tender    12v Battery Isolator   100 Watt/10 Amp Solar Array

20 Gallons Fresh Water       Solar Shower      20 lb. Propane Tank     2.5 Gallon Petrol Tank

Porta-Potty   Tepui Awning Annex    Camp Chef Two-Burner Stove   ARB Fridge/Freezer

Side and Rear  Illumination Lights      LED Tent Lights White/Red    Full Kitchen Kit   A/V Module

Air Conditioning Module     12v Accessory Outlets      Off-Road Axle      Koenig Zero Wheels

Sumitomo 265/75R16 A/T Tires   Fold-Down Rear Shelf   Screen Room    TV/DVD    Flag Pole

Reactions: Elan

hookjaw

Rank III
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate I

San Jose, CA
Member #

Great build Fred. I've always considered the off road trailer route. With a smaller rig like the Liberty, that out to work ought perfectly.

SLO Rob

Rank VI
Staff member
Founder 500
Investor

Pathfinder III

San Luis Obispo, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Petterson
Member #

@Fred Wow, who says you need a big rig? What a well thought out and well built setup. Really cool. That trailer...just awesome.

CFM80

Rank 0

Traveler I

I dig it man, don't see too many Liberty's like this.  My Brother's ol' lady has one,  I should convince her to get a little more "overland"ish with hers.  I like the trailer too, great work so far.

bassmanfreddo

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler I

Finished fabbing my Toughbook mount. I got the cradle off of Ebay, then cut and welded up some steel for the stand. Finished with Plasti-Dip.

Michael

Rank IX
Staff member
Founder 500

Benefactor

Livermore, California, United States
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Murguia
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSL
OK...I think you need to be the next featured member if that is OK with you! This is a great rig! I'd love to find out more and am glad to have you on the site! Looking forward to seeing more!

M

iamout

Rank III
Founder 500

Advocate II

Bassman, Another nice  looking rig. great work on the mods. Why Bassman?....you do any Bassfishing?

Frisly

bassmanfreddo

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler I

I designed my own electrical system for the trailer. The heart is an Optima 94 ah blue top. It is kept charged by various systems: either by the alternator of the Jeep with isolator, a 110v battery tender, a 100 watt 10 amp solar panel, or by means of the generator. The solar panel is on a telescoping drawer like system that I fabricated. I also have a 5000 watt invertor for powering my Mr. Coffee machine, some things I just can't live without. And I mounted spot lights on both sides of the trailer and the rear as well to light up the campsite or aid in night-time navigation. Both the roof top tent and my annex tent are wired with 12v LED strips with both red (for night vision) and white lights in the rrt. The annex tent is wired with a blue LED strip, just to be funky. I got a lot of my electrical components at a local marina. Boat equipment makes for superb overlanding equipment as it is for the most part water and weather proof. There are also a couple of 12v electrical sockets for accessories and I used these heavy duty electrical socket boxes for my connections, all labeled for 12v use only.

One other item of note mounted to my trailer is the AT-4 tube. It is a great mil-surplus item, it's water proof, and lockable. Mine just happens to house the most practical, precious, and indispensable  item for overlanding: toilet paper. 8 rolls of toilet paper.

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

Trailer looks awesome dude! Great Build! @administrator

dylanmorse

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

That's a nice looking Liberty build! I rarely see those off-pavement around here - even the "Jeep Guys" down here seem to overlook their potential. Love the trailer as well - that's just the kind of thing I could use with out JK.

dylanmorse

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler I

Member #

My son plays Bass! I checked out your music - loved the slap bass on "Bleu Soda" & "Number 9"! Track #3 had a cool Primus-esque vibe to it as well.

Cappy410

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Okotoks, AB
First Name
Stephane
Last Name
Fortin
Member #

<p> awesome setup. The trailer looks amazing.</p>

deeker

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

SW Ontario, Canada
Member #

<p>You did a great job with the under-rated Liberty.   The trailer is really slick, too.  Look forward to seeing more of what you do with it and where you go.</p>
<p> </p>

bassmanfreddo

Rank I
Founder 500
Launch Member

Traveler I

Added a couple more Roto-Pax this morning. That makes 3 on the trailer now. Two are for gas (1-4 cycle, 1-2 Cycle mix for genny) and another for misc. stuff.

Reactions: KK Renegade